Singapore Expats

Query regarding PEP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sipayichinnodu

Query regarding PEP

Post by sipayichinnodu » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 2:59 pm

Hi guys. i have a doubt. earlier i was an ep holder in singapore. thats in 2000. i got an ep for 1 year at that time. but i moved out of singapore after 5 months thats well before my pass expired. but it was not cancelled from my employer's side and eventually it expired in 2001. can the MOM know that i left singapore in june 2000 from the ICA or some one else and know that i left singapore with out utilizing the pass till its validity and thus had betrayed singapore or some thing like that. now this is the situation . will this effect my success of my PEP application. please let me know.

Thanks in advance

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 4:49 pm

Forget the PEP. You apparently did a runner and the old employer didn't cancel it so you couldn't apply anywhere else. You can forget it. Great big black mark beside your FIN
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 6:09 pm

You probably also didn't declare your income to IRAS and pay tax.
Another big black mark!

(All government agency databases in Singapore are linked, so it takes MoM only a few clicks to find out what you did.)