Singapore Expats Forum

Query regarding PEP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

sipayichinnodu

Query regarding PEP

Postby sipayichinnodu » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 2:59 pm

Hi guys. i have a doubt. earlier i was an ep holder in singapore. thats in 2000. i got an ep for 1 year at that time. but i moved out of singapore after 5 months thats well before my pass expired. but it was not cancelled from my employer's side and eventually it expired in 2001. can the MOM know that i left singapore in june 2000 from the ICA or some one else and know that i left singapore with out utilizing the pass till its validity and thus had betrayed singapore or some thing like that. now this is the situation . will this effect my success of my PEP application. please let me know.

Thanks in advance

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 4:49 pm

Forget the PEP. You apparently did a runner and the old employer didn't cancel it so you couldn't apply anywhere else. You can forget it. Great big black mark beside your FIN

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 6:09 pm

You probably also didn't declare your income to IRAS and pay tax.
Another big black mark!

(All government agency databases in Singapore are linked, so it takes MoM only a few clicks to find out what you did.)