Singapore Expats Forum

Who makes the best Tailored Suits in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:04 am

I've found a really good place recently - Dayani's near the Concorde hotel on Orchard Road.

Best tailors!

Postby 86 » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 4:30 pm

I have lived in Singapore for 25 years, and have, after using a number of different tailors, for the last 20 years used Max Mohan only. Max, who is located in Far East Plaza on Scotts Road in unit 02-73, is the best I have found in Singapore as comes to price-quality ratio for everything; suits, shirts, pants, you name it. I lenjoy fashion and put high demands on what I wear, and Max has always been able to deliver what I have wanted. Highly recommended! Thomas Zilliacus

Anthony249

Postby Anthony249 » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:36 pm

I also use Max, I'm curious as to what you paid for a dress shirt and pants. The prices always seem like they are pulling it out of a hat.

Bigglesthefrog

Postby Bigglesthefrog » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 7:13 pm

I live in London and have worked for a company in Singapore for the past two years. In that time I have realised that a lot of the good value to British people in bought items from Singapore has now evaporated. Many things are now less expensive in the UK, but one notable exception to this is tailored clothes. I have therefore decided to have some items made to take back to UK with me, but first I had to find a reputable Tailor to deal with. I did lots of research and finally came up with Max Mohan who has a shop in the Far East Plaza on Scotts Road. After checking out other Tailors, I thought his reputation above all the others, together with his personality, was a good indication of the price/quality quotient I could expect to receive. I decided therefore to start off with a Blazer and if that was any good, I would go for a lot more. After a couple of fittings and choosing of buttons, linings, pockets etc, I was duly invited to collect my Blazer last week. I can only say that I was extremely delighted with what Max had run up for me. For S$300 it might not have been the cheapest, but I didn’t want that, I wanted the best and that’s what I got. Max was absolutely spot on with all I asked for and when I showed it to my work colleagues later on, they were just as amazed and I know that some of them will be visiting Max in the next couple of weeks.
So true to my word, I have now ordered a three piece suit, with two pairs of trousers and five handmade shirts. I chose the material from a wide selection and was able to choose style options on the suit and trousers to suit my requirements entirely. I’m due to go for a fitting this coming Wednesday evening and probably another fitting after that before I take receipt of my suit and shirts. Then I will return here to report my findings. So watch this space!!
(If the moderators think this may constitute an advertisement, then before deleting my post, contact me on my email and I will provide photographic proof of the above)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 7:27 pm

You only have two fittings?

Last suit I had made (not at the place you're plugging) I had four.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:59 pm

Never mind the quality feel the width funny program that :lol: I'd ask to see the international customer list of satisfied customers, always good to get a feel of the shop and it's long history of clients, I dislike over sell myself and like to be left alone to browse material, designs, and products without being pressured, until i ask for help even then, i'm looking for advice without pressure or annoyance, hence my reasons for recommending who I did. The quality of work can be seen, and felt in the fittings and finished products and you need 3 to 4 at least. One bad product or service and you never want to go back for a second, this probably applies to many a tailor and all customers.

Bigglesthefrog

Postby Bigglesthefrog » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:18 pm

I agree KSL
When I was doing the rounds of the multitude of other Tailor shops, I noticed that many would hound one to buy a suit. I don’t like this approach and find it an instant turn off regardless of the price. This was a factor in my final choice of a tailor, but so was recommendation that I hoped to find on this and other forums. I must say that I would have thought that there would be more useful discussion on Tailors and this is why I put my two pennyworth in to try to pass on my experience to others doing the same. I’m not “plugging”