Singapore Expats

Who makes the best Tailored Suits in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 11:34 am

tick, tock...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 2:31 pm

Yep, been watching since JR8 PM'd me early this a.m.

He has what sounds like an proper european (e.g., german name) for his email, but his ISP IS from China. However, he does indicate that he's been buying from Hong Kong and the deals there as well as the craftsmenship is decidedly better there than here (on the average). Most here use sewing shops in Batam and only do the fitting here.

Therefore, I'm just watching, but yeah, it sure looks like a typical lead up to a recommendation.

Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sun, 08 Jan 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 2:33 pm

peterch,

If you are posting on the up & up, please do not take offense. We run one tight ship regarding advertising/spammers here. :wink:

On the other hand if you're not, then you've gotten the message. :-|

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

peterch

Post by peterch » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 5:25 pm

Hi,
i am over 40, Swiss and will move from Europe to Singapore next week.
In my message i never mentioned, that (as you write) craftsmanship is decidedly better or any qualification of any manner (???). So, please don't undermine my wording !!
In the past, my travels in asia went mostly thru Hongkong and a friend recommended me a tailor there. (probably i am not allowed to mention his name on this site).
as i will be located in Singapore, i thought that an EXPAT FORUM would be a great site to get information from locals and/or longterm Expats. Instead i get a TICK/TOCK (?? whatever aster means with that, i can only imagine)....and so on.
Regarding my mail...my mail is a gmail. for whatever reason it is showing ISP IS China. Well you will have to talk to GMAIL about that.
All i was hoping and expecting from a site like this, .... was support. If this site is not about that, than maybe you can tell me if there are other sites where experiences are exchanged and were I, as new arrival can go and find responses to my questions as a new arrival. very much appreciated. Peter

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 5:34 pm

You have two accounts (Pilieich). Why is that?

peterch

Post by peterch » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 5:40 pm

must be my wife. you know we happen to have pc and laptop, so that she can be flexible and do her webbing at the same time. why is that a problem too ?

peterch

Post by peterch » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 5:47 pm

actually understand your worries about spam / advertising etc.. you have to keep the rules of engagement in place. BUT than why do i have 4 pictures with ladies for online chatting on this discussion topic / thread ???????

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 5:54 pm

peterch wrote:actually understand your worries about spam / advertising etc.. you have to keep the rules of engagement in place. BUT than why do i have 4 pictures with ladies for online chatting on this discussion topic / thread ???????
Wow, just wow! :lol: :o

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 7:18 pm

peterch wrote:actually understand your worries about spam / advertising etc.. you have to keep the rules of engagement in place. BUT than why do i have 4 pictures with ladies for online chatting on this discussion topic / thread ???????
Hunh?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 7:28 pm

I have absolutely no clue what you're on about. All we see are an eagle, a fisherman, a glass of bear and an ape. Maybe your Chinese host is intercepting the transmission and changing the avatars?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 7:30 pm

His ISP is feeding banner/sidebar ads for 'lonely hearts', and he he thinks they're a part of this discussion topic.

p.s. Edit to add. When I use my UK proxy ip I get pop-over banner ads, because it is free and they have to fund themselves. Otherwise in normal use I get no ads... well, apart from spammers!
Last edited by JR8 on Sun, 08 Jan 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 7:54 pm

Ehem... his ISP is not from China.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 7:57 pm

x9200 wrote:Ehem... his ISP is not from China.
Nuttin to do with me man.... ask him [points at SMS]
:P

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 8:30 pm

never mind, I should read the whole thread before replying.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 8:32 pm

My Apologies!

That's what happens when you are having a bad hair day (with a shaven pate no less!). I read .ch and the mind automatically zero'd in on China so I didn't even bother to scroll down to look at the map! :oops:
Too much on the mind at the moment. My Dad died 3 days ago and I've been trying to book tickets bracketing the worst time in the year to fly at last notice from Asia (Chinese New Year). So, I have to admit, I'm somewhat distracted at the moment. Sorry.

sms/moderator