Singapore Expats Forum

REP application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
magicdow

REP application

Postby magicdow » Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:28 am

Need some advice. A friend of mine has been holding a PR status for the pass 3 years and has been employed by a Singapore company.

The thing is, her REP is about to expire and she will be renewing it soon. Though she is working in a Singapore company, she is not in Singapore most of the time. She contributes to her CPF regularly. Will this affect her renewal?
Thanks in advance.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Re: REP application

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 03 Jan 2012 1:20 pm

magicdow wrote:Need some advice. A friend of mine has been holding a PR status for the pass 3 years and has been employed by a Singapore company.

The thing is, her REP is about to expire and she will be renewing it soon. Though she is working in a Singapore company, she is not in Singapore most of the time. She contributes to her CPF regularly. Will this affect her renewal?
Thanks in advance.

Depends on a case to case basis and if her company has posted her abroad then ICA may consider renewing her REP.

ancientmariner

Re: REP application

Postby ancientmariner » Tue, 03 Jan 2012 4:41 pm

magicdow wrote:Need some advice. A friend of mine has been holding a PR status for the pass 3 years and has been employed by a Singapore company.

Thanks in advance.

Hi magicdow, I don't know your exact case, however, below email received from ICA regarding REP Renewal by one of my friends who was out of Singapore for several years before Online application.

" Please refer to your REP online application. Our record shows since 20xx you not Singapore and family .And most of the time you are not in Singapore. Are you assigned to station in overseas by Singapore Local Company? If yes, please ask the Singapore Company to issue:

1 A letter (issued not more than one month ago) from the employer(Singapore Company) addressed to the Controller of Immigration, to confirm you are indeed employed by them but posted to work in overseas stating the date of employment, position held and monthly salary.

2 A statement from the CPF Board showing the CPF Contribution History for the last 12 months;

3 A Letter from Oversea Office declaring to the Commissioner of ICA, Singapore on the commencement date of you attachment to the office.

4 Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years..

The above-mentioned document can be scanned and emailed to this email address. Please reply as soon as possible within 2 weeks.
Attention to Ms xxxxxx. "
Nobody knows about future!

magicdow

Postby magicdow » Tue, 03 Jan 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks for the reply, it is very helpful.