Singapore Expats Forum

Marriage Certificate - Passport names

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

singapore65

Marriage Certificate - Passport names

Postby singapore65 » Tue, 03 Jan 2012 1:40 am

Phew!!

Seems I have misunderstood certain things and now am in a rut.

Am an Indian citizen. Recently married in India. Am back in Singapore while wife is still back home. I misunderstood that I can easily get a marriage certificate from the Indian High Commission with an affidavit that I already got from a notary in India. Since the registration/marriage certificate process at the place I got married is taking over 3 months, I chose the IHC route for simplicity and ease. But seems they want to have our names included in our passports along with the affidavit but how can I get my name in her passport vice versa without a marriage certificate??!!

What are the ways to have her in Singapore while we sort out the marriage certificate fiasco I inadvertently ccreated?? tourist visa??

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips

cheers

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Marriage Certificate - Passport names

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 03 Jan 2012 9:10 am

singapore65 wrote:Phew!!

Seems I have misunderstood certain things and now am in a rut.

Am an Indian citizen. Recently married in India. Am back in Singapore while wife is still back home. I misunderstood that I can easily get a marriage certificate from the Indian High Commission with an affidavit that I already got from a notary in India. Since the registration/marriage certificate process at the place I got married is taking over 3 months, I chose the IHC route for simplicity and ease. But seems they want to have our names included in our passports along with the affidavit but how can I get my name in her passport vice versa without a marriage certificate??!!

What are the ways to have her in Singapore while we sort out the marriage certificate fiasco I inadvertently ccreated?? tourist visa??

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips

cheers

Check it out in India, to use a notary affidavit / photos of marriage / invitation and other proofs and include the Spouse Details at the Indian Passport Office (This can be done only in India) and then get the marriage certificate from the embassy.

Also why is it taking more than 3 Months for the marriage certificate? If you have all things correct you can get it sooner than that. I got mine in 1 day as I had all the documents/proof of marriage.