Singapore Expats Forum

Applying PR after 1st rejection

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chikichisi

Applying PR after 1st rejection

Postby chikichisi » Mon, 26 Dec 2011 3:52 pm

Hi to All,

This forum is been really supportive, helpful and encouraging. So keep up the good work and lets all share our thoughts and outcomes.

Well, In my case, I have been staying in Sg since last 5 years as a PR. I got married in May 2010 and came back to Singapore. My wife followed me after few months, in September. Applied LTSVP for her and got approved. In the month of Jan, 2011, I applied PR for her and after 8 months of waiting, received a rejection letter. On asking, they told me that I can re-apply after 6months. At that point of time,
my Salary was S$2600.

Now, few more months to re-apply. Well, my situation has changed a bit. Last month I found another job and basic pay is less than what I used to get but including the allowances and benefits, I will be getting slightly more than mentioned above. So just curious to know, whether the downgrade in the basic pay would affect the application??

Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Dec 2011 4:47 pm

The salary change isn't likely to impact your application to any significant degree. What was lacking was duration of your wife here and the length of your marriage. It would appear that they were looking at the possibility of a "marriage of convenience". Adding an additional 6 months would put your marriage at around 2 years.

Give it a go, but not before the prescribed time. If you do, it may well look like you are being pressurized by your wife? If you understand where I'm coming from. And if you are being pressurized? I'd think long and hard.....

sms

chikichisi

Postby chikichisi » Sun, 01 Jan 2012 1:44 pm

Thank you Sms for the prompt reply.

Really appreciate it and understood what u u mean to say.

Thanks once again.