Singapore Expats

Need advise (visa rejected 3 by US )

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Aniarc

Post by Aniarc » Mon, 26 Dec 2011 3:26 pm

@JR8 i dont have any friends and relitives there.

@zzm9980 , Yup i did... provided additional material each time.. but they didnt even asked me once why u r previous visa got rejected :(

PS. My passport is clean... i mean they didnt put any remakes on passport they just given me letter 3 times saying u got rejected on the following grounds and blah.... :(

thanks.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 26 Dec 2011 6:43 pm

Aniarc wrote: @zzm9980 , Yup i did... provided additional material each time.. but they didnt even asked me once why u r previous visa got rejected :(

They don't need to ask. All they need is your name DOB, etc. and they have all your records on screen in front of them.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:05 am

JR8 wrote:
They don't need to ask. All they need is your name DOB, etc. and they have all your records on screen in front of them.

[/quote]

+1 :D

Well, I guess they don't need to stamp "application" received in some corner of the passport anymore ..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:09 am

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

boffenl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boffenl » Tue, 27 Dec 2011 3:14 pm

zzm9980 wrote:You may have actually then had a shot to explain why you were absolutely in love with that school and curriculum for a reason other than it being in the US, but probably didn't answer well enough. Oh well. I guess it's good practice for you in a few years when you'll be swearing up and down about how all you ever wanted to be was a Singapore PR. :)
+1

Brilliant! This is the biggest thing we talk to students about when they go for their visa intevriews. Know your proposed university better than the admissions people--know your program of study and some good reasons to go there versus staying here!