Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application- Indian citizen with a PhD from europe

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
angry scientist

PR Application- Indian citizen with a PhD from europe

Postby angry scientist » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 2:30 pm

I am an indian citizen with a PhD from europe and 3 years of experience from a major university in the US. Currently working as a scientist for an academic institution in singapore since july 2009 and earn ~ 7k. I have an international reputation and have made important discoveries as well. My wife is on Q2 and earn 3.5 k per month. WE plan to apply for singapore PR in 2012, what are the chances that we make the cut ? appreciate your inputs !

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: PR Application- Indian citizen with a PhD from europe

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 3:08 pm

angry scientist wrote:I am an indian citizen with a PhD from europe and 3 years of experience from a major university in the US. Currently working as a scientist for an academic institution in singapore since july 2009 and earn ~ 7k. I have an international reputation and have made important discoveries as well. My wife is on Q2 and earn 3.5 k per month. WE plan to apply for singapore PR in 2012, what are the chances that we make the cut ? appreciate your inputs !

You are so angry why do you want to make the cut ?

At least I am mad not angry and it does not matter to me coz I am insane !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 3:39 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
You are so angry why do you want to make the cut ?

At least I am mad not angry and it does not matter to me coz I am insane !!

Took a while for me to figure out your puzzle :D :D

And it made my day :D

Yeah OP .. why so angry lah ???

sanjivvohra
Regular
Regular

Postby sanjivvohra » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 3:41 pm

angry scientist wrote:I am an indian citizen with a PhD from europe and 3 years of experience from a major university in the US. Currently working as a scientist for an academic institution in singapore since july 2009 and earn ~ 7k. I have an international reputation and have made important discoveries as well. My wife is on Q2 and earn 3.5 k per month. WE plan to apply for singapore PR in 2012, what are the chances that we make the cut ? appreciate your inputs !

Read another thread on the same topic. It seems PR for Indians is difficult due to change in demograpy (increase in Indian population by 2% over the last 10 years). I guess it all boils down to luck, my friend!
Sanjiv

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 3:44 pm

sanjivvohra wrote:Read another thread on the same topic. It seems PR for Indians is difficult due to change in demograpy (increase in Indian population by 2% over the last 10 years). I guess it all boils down to luck, my friend!

Yah, I know a guy from India was head hunted by a semi-Govt agency her and one of the offers was immediate PR .. for his whole family .. though he didn't take it up for his own reason ..

Those in academic line and 'scientist' category are treated apart .. unlike those not in the academic / scientist category ..

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 4:31 am

sanjivvohra wrote:

Read another thread on the same topic. It seems PR for Indians is difficult due to change in demograpy (increase in Indian population by 2% over the last 10 years). I guess it all boils down to luck, my friend!

At least you have come to grip on the current level of noise here. Well done!!. You have been inducted to Hall of Fame
Not many of your fellow countryment understands this which kinda sad
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 6:56 am

There are only a couple on the board currently that I can think of: Revhappy, Singaporeflyer & Intellectualsmuse. All have become stalwarts here. :cool:

angry scientist

Postby angry scientist » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 4:56 pm

Still, what are the chances ? 50-50 ?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 5:16 pm

angry scientist wrote:Still, what are the chances ? 50-50 ?

To be honest nobody knows as each case is considered differently.

azp123
Regular
Regular

Postby azp123 » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 7:40 pm

do you have anything to lose?. go for it. i hope your intentions are to stay permenantly in singapore - else don't

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 8:31 pm

I'd say maybe 60:40 in your favour even though you aren't the flavour of the month. Primarily because both are well educated, and bringing a good track record in research & academics, it bodes well for their thrust in the R&D sectors. But, that can also work against you at the same time as they may feel that, with the animosity against Indians now, you may well up and depart as soon as a bigger carrot appears. Or, until the west gets it's economics sorted out.

But, nothing ventured, nothing gained. The worst they can say is no.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 9:20 pm

re: International Reputation and Important Discoveries

Have you been published? Probably common sense, but make sure you list every single publication on the application.

sanjivvohra
Regular
Regular

Postby sanjivvohra » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 9:54 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
sanjivvohra wrote:

At least you have come to grip on the current level of noise here. Well done!!. You have been inducted to Hall of Fame
Not many of your fellow countryment understands this which kinda sad

Whew! and here I was thinking no-one liked me! :( :D :D

This flavour of the month (or was it week?) is really cool! 8-)
Sanjiv

sanjivvohra
Regular
Regular

Postby sanjivvohra » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 9:57 pm

Go for it, man! Maybe you can improve the demographics to 2% +1 :wink:
Sanjiv

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 22 Dec 2011 4:56 am

singaporeflyer wrote:

To be honest nobody knows as each case is considered differently.

SF, do it on March for you. Small window of possibility. Please no PM
JUST DO IT