Page 1 of 1

Buying Motorbike

Posted: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 1:57 pm
by skooch
Hi, can anyone recommend a motorbike dealer in Singapore that they have had a good experience dealing with ? I am interested in buying an Aprillia RS125. I believe Mah ltd sell them but I was told that they are overpriced. Would appreciate any other dealers I can speak to.

Posted: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 3:00 pm
by taxico
i'm not sure if there's such a thing as an unscrupulous dealer in the motor vehicle world. none has been above trying to rip me off when they know they can get away with it.

if you know what you're buying, you can may find better deals on the singapore bike forum where riders buy/sell online.

Posted: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 3:13 pm
by Strong Eagle
Either that, or go to the car/bike shop place at Alexandria and Jln Bukit Merah... go to a bike shop called Universal... straight up folks.

Posted: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 3:47 pm
by evehow
Are you looking for a new RS125?

If you're looking for 2nd hand, I'd say try the private sellers on bike forums first. Dealers charge more and the "warranty" they give is quite useless. If you must buy through a dealer, they try someone more reputable like Looi Motor.

I go to Jalan Bt Merah to change engine oil only. YMMV.

Posted: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 4:20 pm
by Strong Eagle
evehow wrote:Are you looking for a new RS125?

If you're looking for 2nd hand, I'd say try the private sellers on bike forums first. Dealers charge more and the "warranty" they give is quite useless. If you must buy through a dealer, they try someone more reputable like Looi Motor.

I go to Jalan Bt Merah to change engine oil only. YMMV.
Yah - I go there to get my oil changed as well... and I know the folks at Universal. Straight up pricing that you can check wherever you want, none of the mickey mouse extras.

Posted: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:44 am
by mansoor999
evehow wrote:Are you looking for a new RS125?

If you're looking for 2nd hand, I'd say try the private sellers on bike forums first. Dealers charge more and the "warranty" they give is quite useless. If you must buy through a dealer, they try someone more reputable like Looi Motor.

I go to Jalan Bt Merah to change engine oil only. YMMV.
I went to Looi Motors the other day and have to say i was shocked but also humoured. The sales guy must have been in his mid 50's. i said i'd prefer low mileage and prefered not to spend more than $10,000. Straight away he started saying they are all high mileage and all i should buy is a new bike. I told him clearly that i didnt have the budget. He kept telling me to leave the second hand bikes going as far as saying there is no warrantee on any used bike and they DONT test any of the engines before they buy or sell.

Finally he said the truth - "i only sell to Singaporeans and foreigners cause too many problems. Foreigners should only buy new!!!"

I was shocked to say the least but also laughed as it was an informational trip.

One thing i did come away with is that i'd never buy from them.

This is just my experience

Posted: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 11:03 am
by x9200
mansoor999 wrote: Finally he said the truth - "i only sell to Singaporeans and foreigners cause too many problems. Foreigners should only buy new!!!"

I was shocked to say the least but also laughed as it was an informational trip.

One thing i did come away with is that i'd never buy from them.

This is just my experience
You should appreciate his openness and honesty esp. that what he said was true. The foreigners are here the trouble makers as they know what is the acceptable service quality, they know their rights and they will fight for them.

Re: Buying Motorbike

Posted: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 4:12 pm
by zzm9980
skooch wrote:Hi, can anyone recommend a motorbike dealer in Singapore that they have had a good experience dealing with ? I am interested in buying an Aprillia RS125. I believe Mah ltd sell them but I was told that they are overpriced. Would appreciate any other dealers I can speak to.
Hi, just curious what your search turned up. I'll be in the market soon, and an RS125 would be really sweet. Any Italian 125 or 250 would be pretty nice :)

I'm just starting research though on what is really available. In the US, it was impossible to find anything under 600cc that you'd want.

Re: Buying Motorbike

Posted: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 4:30 pm
by Strong Eagle
zzm9980 wrote:
skooch wrote:Hi, can anyone recommend a motorbike dealer in Singapore that they have had a good experience dealing with ? I am interested in buying an Aprillia RS125. I believe Mah ltd sell them but I was told that they are overpriced. Would appreciate any other dealers I can speak to.
Hi, just curious what your search turned up. I'll be in the market soon, and an RS125 would be really sweet. Any Italian 125 or 250 would be pretty nice :)

I'm just starting research though on what is really available. In the US, it was impossible to find anything under 600cc that you'd want.
The place to start looking is in the classifieds at Singapore Bike Forums. Class 2b bikes are 200 cc or less, class 2a, 201 to 400.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/used_bikes_home

http://www.singaporebikes.com/index.php ... sel_page=1

Posted: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 4:39 pm
by revhappy
In addition to that these are the other heavily used bike classifieds websites

www.sgbikemart.com.sg

http://singapore.gumtree.sg/f-Cars-Vehi ... QQCatIdZ20

Cheers!

Posted: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 6:28 pm
by yycools
I was told by my coworkers who bought bikes that the only way to go to private party sales. Dealers overcharge way too much