Singapore Expats Forum

Just moved from London have 2 kids who need friends

Need a playdate for your child? Look no further but here.
Rachel+2

Just moved from London have 2 kids who need friends

Postby Rachel+2 » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 8:03 pm

Hi there
My name is Rachel, I just moved from london 2weeks ago, have 2 daughters 2.5 and just turnt 1, haven't met any friends yet, wondered if anyone would be interested in meeting up at one of those play places in the malls for a coffee or something with the kids.
Hope to hear from you
Rachel

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 8:38 pm

Singapore Expat Coffee on Facebook has coffee morning and kids things I believe. A very friendly bunch.
Zeenit

tarsharama

Postby tarsharama » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 8:41 pm

Hi Rachel, I'm in a similar situation - moved from London 3 weeks ago and have a just over one year old boy that I'm keen to find some litttle friends for. Let me know if you're keen to catch up.

Rachel+2

Postby Rachel+2 » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 8:50 pm

Thx for the quick replies,
I live in the bukit timah area but we go to this play place in the great world city shopping mall it's great for the kids slides etc, I'm free most of the time except wednesday when our furniture finally turns up :-)
Let me know if you fancy

tarsharama

Postby tarsharama » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 9:01 pm

I'm also free most days (except Friday morning)... lucky you getting your furniture this week ours won't be here till just before Christmas (fingers crossed). I live in the East so quite happy to meet at One World as it looks quite easy to get to.

Rachel+2

Postby Rachel+2 » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 9:12 pm

Yes sure sounds great (I think u mean the same one as me?). How does next tuesday sound 20th dec at 2. My phone no is . 7872 178 773. Unfort we still on English numbers still waiting for shouldn't be too long hope all your furniture arrives soon, think it will be easier to settle once have home comforts.

tarsharama

Postby tarsharama » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 9:36 pm

Sorry about that I did mean the same place - just chose to rename it. !?Day/time sounds great. I'll give you a text since I can't PM you yet.
Thanks

steffyw

Hi

Postby steffyw » Thu, 12 Jan 2012 9:15 am

Hi, i m looking for playdates for my son who is 2.5 yrs old. Staying ard klang lane (little India mrt) purple line.
Msg me if you are interested.
Last edited by steffyw on Fri, 13 Jan 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinaranft

Postby tinaranft » Thu, 12 Jan 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Rachel, Saw your post and had to reply. I moved to Singapore from Derby, UK 3 months ago and i have a 2 1/2 little girl who is very social and we have left great friends behind so think its time we got out there and made some new ones. Would be great to meet up. We live in Bishan on the red line. Tina

Mrsgrim

Postby Mrsgrim » Thu, 03 May 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Rachel,

Are you still looking for friends! I am! Recently moved here from Australia (although English) with my 4yr old girl and 3 yr old boy. Both are really missing their friends and having children around them.

I wondered if we could meet for a coffee? Perhaps you could give me some pointers on life in SG?!

I can't message you directly but my email address is mrsgrim@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,

Emma

cast2cathie

Postby cast2cathie » Wed, 09 May 2012 2:56 pm

Hi Emma, I also just moved here from Australia, though originally American. I have a boy nearly 3 and girl 10mths. Would love to catch up for coffee and playdates.
we live in the Lady Hill area just off of Orchard

you can email me directly at cast2cathie@gmail if keen.
thanks,
Cathie

Mrsgrim wrote:Hi Rachel,

Are you still looking for friends! I am! Recently moved here from Australia (although English) with my 4yr old girl and 3 yr old boy. Both are really missing their friends and having children around them.

I wondered if we could meet for a coffee? Perhaps you could give me some pointers on life in SG?!

I can't message you directly but my email address is mrsgrim@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,

Emma

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowqueen » Thu, 17 May 2012 4:27 pm

Hi

I'm also keen to find some more playmates for my 3 year old son. We've been here 3.5 years now so a lot of my originally 'mummy' friends from when he was born have now moved on to other countries or gone back home.

I'm keen to meet new people and hopefully make some new friends for my son.

Cathie, I have already sent you a PM so I will also send messages to the other ladies to see if we can arrange a get together some time.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Sarah

Michieuk

Playdates

Postby Michieuk » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:23 am

Hi

I have just arrived from UK and have two girls aged 4 and 9 months. I would love to meet up with any of you or with any new ones who post. My eldest is desperate for some friends and I would definetly love the opportunity to meet some new friends and chat more about life here.

tpchappers

Postby tpchappers » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:21 pm

Hi, I have a 3 and 4 year old and will be looking for things to do in July and August during schools holidays. I am a teacher so don't often get the chance to do meet new people so summer break is a good time to find some new friends and keep the kids entertained!

Email or add me to FB if you fancy meeting up tpchappers@gmail.com