Singapore Expats Forum

Any expat board game lovers

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
AmadeusCho

Any expat board game lovers

Postby AmadeusCho » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 9:13 pm

Hi guys and girls.

I have a lady friend in her 20's who is new to Singapore and is not really into clubbing and drinking (alcohol) so much, but loves board games and chatting about movies and slightly arty things.

I was wondering if any expats in their 20's feels the same. I'd like to be able to let her know there are like minded people out there!

I'd better add a disclaimer- I'm not in this age bracket. I'm purely asking on behalf of my friend. Should any future gaming gathering occur, I will not be within 10 km of you, that's a promise :)

anoopjyrj

Postby anoopjyrj » Sat, 10 Dec 2011 9:18 pm

Hey!!

I have been looking for a chess club in Singapore ? Would be glad to meet someone interested in doing so -- please check with your friend and would be really nice to get in touch with like minded people ! I am in my 20's too lol

akineko

hi

Postby akineko » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 5:24 pm

Hi, I am on the same boat as her.

I love board games, card games, and some classic video games like Mario.
I like to watch movies, too, and do not mind art part at all. I can spend hours in the museums.

I am new to Singapore. I came here 1 month ago, and know only a few people. It would be more fun to know more people and explore Singapore and surrounding areas together.

oh, I am 26 years old Japanese female, working in West.
Japanese is my first, and English is my second language. My ears are not good at Singlish YET. lol I used to be semi vegetarian, but I eat meat sometimes. not religious, though.

I like drinking, but cannot handle a lot, and am not into clubbing. trying to learn salsa though. :)

Could you tell us more about her?

Thank you!
Akineko

AmadeusCho

Postby AmadeusCho » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:00 pm

Hi all!

Thanks for replying to the thread and pm'ing me.

I'll let my friend read the replies and wait for how she wants to proceed.

I should have mentioned beforehand that she'd probably prefer females, but no harm letting her know some guys are out there too who like games...board games, that is :)

AmadeusCho

Re: hi

Postby AmadeusCho » Fri, 23 Dec 2011 4:34 pm

Hi Akiniko,

Could you please check your inbox. I sent you a pm :)

akineko wrote:Hi, I am on the same boat as her.

I love board games, card games, and some classic video games like Mario.
I like to watch movies, too, and do not mind art part at all. I can spend hours in the museums.

I am new to Singapore. I came here 1 month ago, and know only a few people. It would be more fun to know more people and explore Singapore and surrounding areas together.

oh, I am 26 years old Japanese female, working in West.
Japanese is my first, and English is my second language. My ears are not good at Singlish YET. lol I used to be semi vegetarian, but I eat meat sometimes. not religious, though.

I like drinking, but cannot handle a lot, and am not into clubbing. trying to learn salsa though. :)

Could you tell us more about her?

Thank you!
Akineko

pinkgalie

Hi!

Postby pinkgalie » Sat, 24 Dec 2011 11:30 am

Hello!

I love playiing boardgames too but do not have alot of friends or girlfriends with the same interest. Was wondering if you are still interested in getting together and getting the game started :)

Im 26 chinese indonesian btw :)

coolnich
Regular
Regular

Postby coolnich » Sun, 25 Dec 2011 12:29 am

may i join too?
thx
just pm me

niccolo_19

Postby niccolo_19 » Sun, 25 Dec 2011 1:18 pm

Hi,

I'm also new here, may I join too?

Though I also love clubbing with my friends, sometimes I would just like to stay at home, play board / video games or just watch a movie.

Hope I can join you guys, I would really love to meet new friends here in SG.

Thanks!

Trevor1010

Postby Trevor1010 » Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:03 pm

if you need expat for boardgames and movies, count me in.

LondonCouple

Postby LondonCouple » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:27 am

Hello

We are an English couple, new to Singapore. We also enjoy a board game and a good chat. On Christmas Eve we went to a cafe in Boat Quay which has loads of board games to choose from. We paid about $20 to play for two hours. The waiters even teach you how to play the games (some of them are rather complex!).

It was good fun. It would be good to play a game there with more poeple. Anyone interested?

Have a happy new year.

jeovana
Regular
Regular

Re: Any expat board game lovers

Postby jeovana » Sun, 01 Jan 2012 2:26 pm

AmadeusCho wrote:Hi guys and girls.

I have a lady friend in her 20's who is new to Singapore and is not really into clubbing and drinking (alcohol) so much, but loves board games and chatting about movies and slightly arty things.

I was wondering if any expats in their 20's feels the same. I'd like to be able to let her know there are like minded people out there!

I'd better add a disclaimer- I'm not in this age bracket. I'm purely asking on behalf of my friend. Should any future gaming gathering occur, I will not be within 10 km of you, that's a promise :)

Hey count me in! Would be good to engage in a healthy activity for once! Im keen to play chess as well! Let me know ya? cheers
Live life to the fullest!

cloudiz
Regular
Regular

Hi!

Postby cloudiz » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 1:51 am

Hi I am 28/m from Singapore, and have lived in the UK for 4 years. Graduated recently. My brother has collected a few board games that are newbie friendly as well as more hardcore types.

The Walking Dead - from the series
Super Munchkins - cartoon funny humor
Talisman - RPG roll dice game
Ascension - Card deck building game

None of the games are hard to understand, and the best part about it is that it's all owned by him, and he is willing to bring it around.

The two of us combined can handle English Mandarin Japanese Korean French, we are a lively bunch.

I also run an international socials group, check it out for more info about me http://www.facebook.com/groups/118205434884956/?ref=ts

Cheers :)
Julian
Come join our International social circle "Club Expat Singapore" facebook.com/groups/culturex

nilingzi

Postby nilingzi » Tue, 07 Feb 2012 7:26 pm

Hi! I'm into boardgames as well. It was a bi-weekly affair back in Malaysia for me. If there is an outing, lemme know :)

crystalized

Postby crystalized » Tue, 07 Feb 2012 11:49 pm

@London couple, Did you guys go to Minds Cafe? I love board game cafes! They have a few locations other than Clarke Quay, I like the one near Dhoby Ghaut, it's a slightly bigger space.

I love board games too, particularly strategy games, and the occassional party game. Does anyone play Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, or 三国杀? I recently also learned to play Ticket to Ride and 7Wonders, anyone played those before?

If there's enough interest, I think we should organize a board game cafe meet up!

nilingzi

Postby nilingzi » Wed, 08 Feb 2012 11:10 am

I am not sure if the Dhoby Ghout place is the same place opposite Pomo. If its not, there is another board game cafe opposite Pomo :)