Singapore Expats

Expat education packages - tuition support from employers?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ashley_0816

Expat education packages - tuition support from employers?

Post by ashley_0816 » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 8:40 pm

hi Everyone,

I'm looking to relocate with my husband and two children to Singapore, and was looking at International School fees in Singapore. The expat package that we got provides for full tuition support for the first year, but it's unclear whether we'll continue getting support in subsequent years. I've been talking to some expat parents and it seems that the trend in Singapore is that companies are withdrawing tuition support to a partial (or even zero) basis, which got me a little worried .... does anyone have experiences/ comments on this?

Thanks so much!! :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 9:39 pm

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bathad

Average IQ of students at University of Tokyo

Post by bathad » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 9:51 pm

That is 120. A Japanese TV program called Test the nation measured IQs of some groups in Japan. In 2004 they measured an average IQ of students at University of Tokyo. Their average IQ was 120. University of Tokyo is regarded the best university in Japan.

The Japanese highest IQ was 181, but not every Japanese took the IQ test.
You can have a look at the details below.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%86% ... 7%E3%83%B3

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by scarbowl » Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:09 pm

Plenty of companies still offer tuition support. There is more talk than action in this area. But best to be clear with the company or it will be an EXPENSIVE shortfall.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Re: Average IQ of students at University of Tokyo

Post by nutnut » Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:31 pm

bathad wrote:That is 120. A Japanese TV program called Test the nation measured IQs of some groups in Japan. In 2004 they measured an average IQ of students at University of Tokyo. Their average IQ was 120. University of Tokyo is regarded the best university in Japan.

The Japanese highest IQ was 181, but not every Japanese took the IQ test.
You can have a look at the details below.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%86% ... 7%E3%83%B3
What the hell is this crap?
nutnut

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:35 pm

We pay all fees/rent etc, never had a package, the "norm" is that you don't get it. If you get it for the first year then good for you!

Oh and btw, I'd avoid UWC if you are concerned about fees after the first year. It's pretty much the most expensive school on the island...!

nutnut
nutnut