Singapore Expats Forum

P2 to SPR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:39 am

yibs wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have a good chance. Give it a try. Not saying you are a shoe-in, but you've got a better chance that a lot of others out there.

Thanks SMS for such encouraging message. But I still don't have that guts to apply since only been living in SG for about a month. I can't provide 6 months payslips and 3 years notice of tax assessment... Pretty sad actually.

1 Month in SG? Then sorry to say that your chances are close to Nil.

yibs

Postby yibs » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:54 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
yibs wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have a good chance. Give it a try. Not saying you are a shoe-in, but you've got a better chance that a lot of others out there.

Thanks SMS for such encouraging message. But I still don't have that guts to apply since only been living in SG for about a month. I can't provide 6 months payslips and 3 years notice of tax assessment... Pretty sad actually.

This falls under my expectation. How about 6 months?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:00 pm

yibs wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
yibs wrote:

Based on what you have said here, you will have a decent chance only after staying in SG atleast for 1.5 years.

yibs

Postby yibs » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:03 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
yibs wrote:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 1:14 pm

Had you stated you had only been here 1 month in the beginning I would have told you absolutely zero chance. I assumed you had at least enough sense to know you needed to stay a Minimum of 6 months, but even then the odds are against you. Until you have been here 2 years, you can basically forget it.

yibs

Postby yibs » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 1:43 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Had you stated you had only been here 1 month in the beginning I would have told you absolutely zero chance. I assumed you had at least enough sense to know you needed to stay a Minimum of 6 months, but even then the odds are against you. Until you have been here 2 years, you can basically forget it.

2 years... It seems so unreachable for me. But perhaps if I focus on enjoying my life here in SG, 2 years of waiting period is like nothing. sighs :mad:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 2:09 pm

yibs wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Had you stated you had only been here 1 month in the beginning I would have told you absolutely zero chance. I assumed you had at least enough sense to know you needed to stay a Minimum of 6 months, but even then the odds are against you. Until you have been here 2 years, you can basically forget it.

2 years... It seems so unreachable for me. But perhaps if I focus on enjoying my life here in SG, 2 years of waiting period is like nothing. sighs :mad:

You thought the PR application is a given thing for you issit?
Coba kamu pikir, sekadar bermastautin hanya dalam tempoh sebulan justeru ingin dapatkan PR. LUCU cukop LUCU !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

yibs

Postby yibs » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 2:23 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
yibs wrote:

You thought the PR application is a given thing for you issit?
Coba kamu pikir, sekadar bermastautin hanya dalam tempoh sebulan justeru ingin dapatkan PR. LUCU cukop LUCU !!

Thanks for your comment MS. I think because I am new to SG as well as to this forum, there were so many silly questions I threw out here. On the other hand, ICA website does not state the requirement clearly. I was confused with 'Holders of P, S, and/or Q passes can submit their PR application for consideration'. That's why I posted this thread to see if there is someone who has the same situation as mine but has lodged their applications and were approved.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 2:31 pm

yibs wrote:

It's not called "permanent" residency for nothing....

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 4:08 pm

yibs wrote:Thanks for your comment MS. I think because I am new to SG as well as to this forum, there were so many silly questions I threw out here. On the other hand, ICA website does not state the requirement clearly. I was confused with 'Holders of P, S, and/or Q passes can submit their PR application for consideration'. That's why I posted this thread to see if there is someone who has the same situation as mine but has lodged their applications and were approved.

Haven't we made that clear in the last few posts that you may be considered but that doesn't mean it is guaranteed? It still subjects to ICA's very own consideration, case by case.

In case you're thinking of multiple attempts (apply within one month, apply again 6 months later, apply again 2 years later), think again [-X

Edit: Whoops! :P
Last edited by the lynx on Thu, 08 Dec 2011 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

yibs

Postby yibs » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 6:03 am

nakatago wrote:
yibs wrote:

It's not called "permanent" residency for nothing....

Indeed.

yibs

Postby yibs » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 6:05 am

the lynx wrote:
yibs wrote:Thanks for your comment MS. I think because I am new to SG as well as to this forum, there were so many silly questions I threw out here. On the other hand, ICA website does not state the requirement clearly. I was confused with 'Holders of P, S, and/or Q passes can submit their PR application for consideration'. That's why I posted this thread to see if there is someone who has the same situation as mine but has lodged their applications and were approved.

Haven't we made that clear in the last few posts that you may be considered but that doesn't mean it is guaranteed? It still subjects to budi bicara ICA, kes demi kes.

In case you're thinking of multiple attempts (apply within one month, apply again 6 months later, apply again 2 years later), think again [-X

budi bicara? kes demi kes? :???: what does it mean? :???:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 6:20 am

yibs wrote:budi bicara? kes demi kes? :???: what does it mean? :???:

English based forum.... speak Ingrish prease! :)

(I only understand the swear words)

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 6:28 am

JR8 wrote:

^^^^ and what I learn from Mr Brown

yibs

Postby yibs » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 6:32 am

JR8 wrote:

Ingrish? Not Singlish?