Singapore Expats Forum

Re-applied PR after failed to collect it for the first time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Re-applied PR after failed to collect it for the first t

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 9:05 am

zzm9980 wrote:Unfortunately none of us work for MOM, or have the PDF they publish with the percentages on various factors for PR approvals. (You can check your favorite torrent site for it though)

:) Good one .. and .. how did MOM get involved in PR ???? :) I got PR in ICA :D :D

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 9:08 am

ecureilx wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Unfortunately none of us work for MOM, or have the PDF they publish with the percentages on various factors for PR approvals. (You can check your favorite torrent site for it though)

:) Good one .. and .. how did MOM get involved in PR ???? :) I got PR in ICA :D :D

Details are in the PDF on the torrent sites!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 9:19 am

zzm9980 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

Revelation .. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 9:45 am

MOM has always been involved with PR. That's why the whole PEP concept was created within MOM with involvement by the issuing agency ICA. It's also why you have to keep them notified of any changes to your residency status.

:tongue:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 9:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:MOM has always been involved with PR. That's why the whole PEP concept was created within MOM with involvement by the issuing agency ICA. It's also why you have to keep them notified of any changes to your residency status.

:tongue:

oh .. too much red wine has killed some of my brain cells I guess .. seasonal spirits .. :D

And that's enlightening now .. :D

I thought MOM was involved for skills-based PR, but never know to what extent they are involved .. :)

and nice smiley :D :D

dhijho

Postby dhijho » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:05 am

zzm9980 wrote:
dhijho wrote:Yes i approached MOM on May 2009, and explained the reason for not collecting my wife's PR (provided my wife's medical certificates). They gave 3 months extension (Aug 2009), but unfortunately she could not collect by Aug also ( she has undergone cesarion delivery in India on Jul 26th and doctor advised not to travel)

We have explained all the reason's in our second time application. Its already crossed 9 months. What will be the chances ?

And you really thought with a due-date of late July you'd be able to get her back on a plane to Singapore (with new kid) to collect PRs? Why didn't you contact MOM again? Everything in your PR application can weigh for or against you, and they likely monitor all kinds of criteria you wouldn't even imagine. Including personal responsibility.

Unfortunately none of us work for MOM, or have the PDF they publish with the percentages on various factors for PR approvals. (You can check your favorite torrent site for it though)

She could not travel due to the cesarion delivery and i was also in India for 3 weeks. I believe ICA would have reviewed my application. Wondering why its not approved / rejected ? and still pending!

Good thing i heard is, if its getting delayed there will be chances for approval. "No news is good news!" True ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:16 am

dhijho wrote:Good thing i heard is, if its getting delayed there will be chances for approval. "No news is good news!" True ?

From my own experience - not always so .. and I am not saying that to pour cold water on your hopes ..

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:54 am

dhijho wrote:She could not travel due to the cesarion delivery and i was also in India for 3 weeks.

ring ring ring ring....

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 11:57 am

zzm9980 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

What is in Torrent Sites?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 1:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

What is in Torrent Sites?

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ ... ncheek.jpg