Singapore Expats

LPR Rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
klt

LPR Rejected

Post by klt » Sun, 04 Dec 2011 9:39 pm

After 5 months of my LPR application lodgement I just received a very disappointing email from SMC about it... WTF !

Money and time invested on it all gone in vain.......

I think Singapore does not welcome foreigners with open heart. I am thinking to appeal but it does not seem to be fruitful...maybe another round of wastage of money and time.... I have never heard anyone going through it after appeal....

Singapore lost a very talented IT guy.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Dec 2011 9:47 pm

I doubt it. If you haven't been aware of the changes and the fact that it's all over the news that they are cutting back on foreigners in Singapore, you are not quite as talented as you think you are. You should have been anticipating it actually. They even stopped the LPR program, that alone should have told you something.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Saint
Director
Director

Re: LPR Rejected

Post by Saint » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 5:44 pm

klt wrote:After 5 months of my LPR application lodgement I just received a very disappointing email from SMC about it... WTF !

I think Singapore does not welcome foreigners with open heart. I am thinking to appeal but it does not seem to be fruitful...maybe another round of wastage of money and time.... I have never heard anyone going through it after appeal....

I've noticed from your previous postings that you also had your EPEC application rejected. This should have given you a very good indication of the outcome of your LPR application to be honest.

skkamandy

Re: LPR Rejected

Post by skkamandy » Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:28 pm

I don't know if I am lucky or unlucky. Just before I pay for the submission fee, I was told that the LPR has been suspended.

I am a Chinese and I have been working in the IT industry for 15+ years and now working in a bank as system development manager. I have Master Degree in computer science, a few programming and Oracle Cert, CISA, PMP certified and CFA pending chartered. Honestly I don't think I have > 10% chance for their approval.

May I know your experience?
klt wrote:After 5 months of my LPR application lodgement I just received a very disappointing email from SMC about it... WTF !

Kam