need help - where can i complain about a school

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
livesinsg

Post by livesinsg » Sat, 28 Apr 2012 2:59 pm

Forum members,

Interesting post and I had a similar case recently but the context is different.

My 3 yr kid was going to this preschool and he came home crying a few weeks back complaining that his teacher has poked him with a pencil, on investigation his body I found pencil marks on his finger and toe. I went to the police and filed a complaint and investigations are on also reported this matter to MOE who are doing parallel investigations/.

I checked out other forums and also some parents did connect with me as they had simmilar complaints against this school.

I'm waiting patiently but want to know if I can take this case to court and what else can I do.

The police talked to my son and took his and ours statements and also send us to KKH for medical examination. So far the police is saying they will conduct a detailed medical asessment to take the investigations further.

The school is trying to clean it's image as per the discussions we are having with concerned parents.

Any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
boffenl wrote:You can complain to the Council for Private Education (unless the school your kid attends is not accredited by them--some of the larger International Schools escaped regulation):

Council for Private Education

2 Bukit Merah Central
#01-05
Singapore 159835
Tel: (65) 6499 0300
Fax: (65) 6275 1396
E-mail: CPE_CONTACT@cpe.gov.sg
CPE Student Services Centre

1 Orchard Road (YMCA International House), #01-01
Singapore 238824
Nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut (Exit A) Map Tel: (65) 6592 2108
Fax: (65) 6337 1584
E-mail: CPE_CONTACT@cpe.gov.sg

Opening Hours Monday – Friday 8.30 am – 6.00 pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.

Opening Hours
Monday – Friday 9.30 am – 6.00 pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.