Singapore Expats Forum

Er why are all the outings getting so quiet...

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
ahdahboo

Er why are all the outings getting so quiet...

Postby ahdahboo » Sat, 03 Dec 2011 1:49 am

Am I at the wrong time of the year? Basically there was the cooking thread but neh eh... Then the food thread went neh eh... Then now the other threads are also going neh eh....

Let's have an outing, quick! Ok I know this is going to be another neh eh eventually

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Dec 2011 6:56 am

This is normal for December & January. this is an expat board, so lots of expats tend to return to their homes on home leave.

Black_sheep11

Postby Black_sheep11 » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 3:44 pm

Well what bugs me is that somebody will say "hey! meet at this place at this time!" and turn up and nobody including the organiser turns up. Even if you ask them later about it incase I had the wrong info, I don't hear back. And after having that for 2 times in a row, you kinda go neh neh.....

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 4:23 pm

Black_sheep11 wrote:Well what bugs me is that somebody will say "hey! meet at this place at this time!" and turn up and nobody including the organiser turns up. Even if you ask them later about it incase I had the wrong info, I don't hear back. And after having that for 2 times in a row, you kinda go neh neh.....

That happened? That must have sucked to be you if you get yourself in it twice in a row...

Which is why it is better if you get hold of the organiser's contact details (either from posts or PM). That confirms the arrangement.

SJonsey

Postby SJonsey » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:13 am

ahdahboo - that sounds rubbish.

I'm flogging a great event on facebook that you might be interested in, it's a XXXXXXXXXXXX - great for getting people together!

post edited and link removed by moderator

Looks like a lot of fun for people going home before Xmas!

x

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:19 pm

You are treading on thin ice, lassie. You last attempt at pimping an event with this group was deleted by one of the moderators. Now you are at it again.

tic...toc...tic...toc...

With all the events in Singapore, please explain why these particular events by this particular organizer are the ONLY ones you seem to be flogging?

Edited to add:

Actually, SJonsey, you are now history as you are doing nothing but promoting your company's events. You were warned. I won't reveal you you are but between your Linked in page, and facebook pages for your company and your events, you've been outed. :wave:

Jennikjohnson

Postby Jennikjohnson » Thu, 15 Dec 2011 1:08 pm

Well - for the people that aren't headed home for the holidays, does anyone fancy brunch on Sunday? Open to suggestions on venue...

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Thu, 15 Dec 2011 4:27 pm

Jennikjohnson wrote:Well - for the people that aren't headed home for the holidays, does anyone fancy brunch on Sunday? Open to suggestions on venue...

Hey there, there's an official Sunday brunch group organised by expats and locals. You may wanna check it out.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic84035-60.html

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Postby farlene » Thu, 15 Dec 2011 8:16 pm

Hi,
Yes some of us are meeting up for brunch on Sunday at this nice little German place (Werner's Oven) at Upper East Coast Road.
We're definately going to be there. Please do not hesitate to joins us if u're up for it. Most of us meeting at 10.30am some at 11.30 when lunch begins.

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:03 am

Black_sheep11 wrote:Well what bugs me is that somebody will say "hey! meet at this place at this time!" and turn up and nobody including the organiser turns up. Even if you ask them later about it incase I had the wrong info, I don't hear back. And after having that for 2 times in a row, you kinda go neh neh.....

Yo black sheep... that sucks man, i believe its been a practice to some people and at least according to someone down there you needa hav at least something called...er... A MOBILE NUMBER of the person in charge...

I got contact of this nice US guy and we are planning for a Vietnamese cuisine explo in Jan, pm me if ur keen. Nope i wont go MIA, I promise! I'm a man of my words

Now that sounds gay, im actually a woman

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:05 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You are treading on thin ice, lassie. You last attempt at pimping an event with this group was deleted by one of the moderators. Now you are at it again.

tic...toc...tic...toc...

With all the events in Singapore, please explain why these particular events by this particular organizer are the ONLY ones you seem to be flogging?

Edited to add:

Actually, SJonsey, you are now history as you are doing nothing but promoting your company's events. You were warned. I won't reveal you you are but between your Linked in page, and facebook pages for your company and your events, you've been outed. :wave:

yea yea those bugs must be having nothing else to do in... you know, whats that called... LIFE

shimmeringlilies

Postby shimmeringlilies » Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:24 am

ahdahboo : so how about you create a gathering for us to join?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:30 am

ahdahboo wrote:I got contact of this nice US guy and we are planning for a Vietnamese cuisine explo in Jan, pm me if ur keen. Nope i wont go MIA, I promise! I'm a man of my words/[b]

Now that sounds gay, im actually a [b]woman

nice :D :D

Well, for Viet food, I thought you need to grow a taste .. considering .. my feeble attempts of Viet Food in Indo-Chine and Orange Lantern were not awe inspiring :D

Let us know how it went, for you and your US Friend !

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Wed, 04 Jan 2012 9:45 am

shimmeringlilies wrote:ahdahboo : so how about you create a gathering for us to join?

im quite unimaginative and way too uncreative to come up with one

no im kidding, im too voracious to create one without filthy good fewd, so it depends if youd like to join a ship of hungry Vikings

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Wed, 04 Jan 2012 9:46 am

ecureilx wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:I got contact of this nice US guy and we are planning for a Vietnamese cuisine explo in Jan, pm me if ur keen. Nope i wont go MIA, I promise! I'm a man of my words/[b]

Now that sounds gay, im actually a [b]woman

nice :D :D

Well, for Viet food, I thought you need to grow a taste .. considering .. my feeble attempts of Viet Food in Indo-Chine and Orange Lantern were not awe inspiring :D

Let us know how it went, for you and your US Friend !

perhaps you could pm me your contact? ill be in touch with you shortly