Singapore Expats

Experience of ISS, Chatsworth (Orchard), Nexus?

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Nexus

Post by scarbowl » Sat, 15 Feb 2014 1:33 pm

JackieO wrote:We are moving to Singapore in the summer and I am looking for a place for my 12 year old daughter, current school follows IB program (in Canada) and looking for similar. Like the look of Chatsworth, ISS or Nexus but noticed on the Nexus site that there are quite a few job postings - is there a problem with staff turnover?
Could well be a result of growing enrollment.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:31 am

There's a handful of people leaving because of the whole trailing spouse/fancying a new country thing, a whole load of pregnant or just had a baby and not coming back for a while people (5 I think) and the rest is growth. 16 new teachers started at Xmas to balance the growth against the small ratio policy.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:52 am

Hello, you've answered through FB!

The IB years are small, not tiny there's plenty of friend opportunities but I doubt there's many in any one class. My eldest is gcse and some of his subjects have 12 in the class. Which I like. I work a fair bit with the ib kids when we do fun stuff at the school, discos etc., they are a nice bunch of teens.

I've remembered another one so that makes six maternity and that's only the ones who are visible.

And just in case anyone was wondering, I do not work for the school. The school has a very active parent group, socials, workshops and craft clubs and I'm just quite involved so I am aware of changes in the school and it's policies.

sunnydebruyn

Post by sunnydebruyn » Mon, 19 May 2014 7:36 pm

There don't seem to be any recent posts re Nexus - can anyone give me a current review/opinion? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! So hard to get a gauge when I'm on the other side of the world! Will be going for a look see in a month though.