Singapore Expats

Is it easier to work on a dependants pass?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply

Is it easier to work on a dependants pass?

Post by DandyD » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:20 am


I was wondering if anyone knew if it was easier to get work once in Singapore staying on a dependants pass or alternatively staying on a long term visitors pass? Is there any difference in work prospects bewteen the two?

Im thinking of making the move to Singapore with my boyfriend and we are not sure if getting married will make the process easier (it was something that was on the cards for the near future, just maybe not so near).

I am worried about not being able to obtain a job, even though I am degree qualified with 6 years work experience.

Thanks for any advice.

Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 1:30 pm

Post by swing » Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:15 pm

Hi! From what I know, you're not allowed to work on a long term social visit pass but you can apply for permission to work under a dependant pass. But, it's not definite that MOM will approve your application. Best way would be for you to get a job here before relocating.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests