Singapore Expats Forum

What to do next if permission to enter Singapore rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zash

What to do next if permission to enter Singapore rejected

Postby zash » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 4:46 pm

Hi,

Looking for advise on what to do next if the permission to enter Singapore was rejected.

Shall i ask MP to write and appeal letter or i jut carry on sending in the appeals letter and the necessary documents?

It is for my wife-to-be.

Thanks.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: What to do next if permission to enter Singapore rejecte

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 5:05 pm

zash wrote:Hi,

Looking for advise on what to do next if the permission to enter Singapore was rejected.

Shall i ask MP to write and appeal letter or i jut carry on sending in the appeals letter and the necessary documents?

It is for my wife-to-be.

Thanks.

Need more info in order to go forward. Too sketchy and it is a hazard to guess
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

zash

Postby zash » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 5:14 pm

Thks for the prompt reply.

My wife-to-be is from China. She did overstay previously and she surrendered after my persuasion.

We now looking to get married so i wrote in to ICA to request for permission to enter Singapore on her behalf as per the tips given to her by the ICA officer.

But my first attempt to request for permission was turned down. So didn't know what to do. I cannot trust ICA helpdesk nor those shops providing ICA-related service from my previous encounter.

Please advise.

Many thks.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What to do next if permission to enter Singapore rejecte

Postby JR8 » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 5:31 pm

zash wrote:Hi,

It is for my wife-to-be.

Thanks.

Why do you think the 'permission' might be rejected?

edit: Ignore this question, it is only now I see the follow-up explanation.
Last edited by JR8 on Mon, 28 Nov 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 5:32 pm

A PRC national who overstayed before, now wants to marry a Singapore citizen to get a visa - that is a classic marriage of convenience and will NOT work (ICA is smart enough to see through it).
You probably have to marry abroad and live with her there for a few years (minimum two) to dispell the impression of marriage of convenience and give her a chance for a visa!
In addition, if she was here on a work permit (WP), get permission to marry from MoM first. If you marry without permission, she will never be allowed into Singapore again.

zash

Postby zash » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 6:59 pm

Guess will try appeal one more time before opting to marry her abroad.

Was wondering if trying for a child before her coming to Singapore works.

Tried asking ICA but seems that everyone there gives a totally different answer. So gave up trying to ask them altogether.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 7:02 pm

zash wrote:Guess will try appeal one more time before opting to marry her abroad.

Was wondering if trying for a child before her coming to Singapore works.

Tried asking ICA but seems that everyone there gives a totally different answer. So gave up trying to ask them altogether.

I'd suggest you stop the scatter-gun approach of appealing, MPs, having children, all of it.

Consider the facts of the matter instead. When she overstayed, what did they tell her when they kicked her out of the country? That is your starting point.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 7:25 pm

Having a son might help, as the Singapore army needs cannon fodder.
But on the other hand, if the boy is already Singapore citizen, he has to do NS regardless of his mother's status. So it's possibly better to give birth abroad (so he doesn't get the citizenship automatically) and apply for a visa (later PR) for him and the mother then.

But if you marry an ex-WP-holder without MoM approval, even having a boy will not help - ask our long-time member sundaymorningstaple!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:16 pm

Out of curiosity, why does someone require permission from MOM to marry a former WP holder?

Is "WP holder" a euphemism for a specific type of "professional" that used to work in say Geylang?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:25 pm

beppi wrote:Having a son might help, as the Singapore army needs cannon fodder.
But on the other hand, if the boy is already Singapore citizen, he has to do NS regardless of his mother's status. So it's possibly better to give birth abroad (so he doesn't get the citizenship automatically) and apply for a visa (later PR) for him and the mother then.

But if you marry an ex-WP-holder without MoM approval, even having a boy will not help - ask our long-time member sundaymorningstaple!

If she's been booted out an told not to return for 10 years, you'd be something of a fool to go and pop-out 5 daughters in the hope a son might swing her visa app. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:46 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Out of curiosity, why does someone require permission from MOM to marry a former WP holder?

Is "WP holder" a euphemism for a specific type of "professional" that used to work in say Geylang?

It's a carry over from Leeky's genetic engineering experiments ala Mengele. One of his early debacles was the graduate mother's baby bonus programme, another was the O Level parents bonus. Both were dismal flops as can be witnessed by the idjits called Gen Y today.

Basically it boils down to this. The gahmen have been brainwashed by leeky to think that the higher the work pass the more brilliant the being. WP holders are considered the lowest and least educated of the lot, only suitable for manual/menial labour. Therefore, they are considered undesirable for "Breeding Stock" Hence the ban or special permission needed from MOM for them to Mix their bloodlines with the local idjits. Those who often are given permission are those who actually have educations in their homelands and have come here because there aren't any jobs for those educated persons. That's why a lot of Filippino's here on WP actually have degrees in their own country. But the local monkeys don't believe their degrees are worth anything so they don't recognize them, putting their degrees on par with a Poly diploma.

This is why MOM takes each woman on a case by case basis. Also, they look at the prospective husband as well to see if they can support the new brood mare. Frankly, letting in Female WP holders can only raise the level of the gene pool here from what I can see. :-|

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 29 Nov 2011 2:59 am

zash wrote:Thks for the prompt reply.

My wife-to-be is from China. She did overstay previously and she surrendered after my persuasion.

We now looking to get married so i wrote in to ICA to request for permission to enter Singapore on her behalf as per the tips given to her by the ICA officer.

But my first attempt to request for permission was turned down. So didn't know what to do. I cannot trust ICA helpdesk nor those shops providing ICA-related service from my previous encounter.

Please advise.

Many thks.

She was banned , yes ? Did ICA stamp anything on her PP or did she recieve any letter to state the ban period ?
If she was banned , how long did she overstayed?
Did she work while overstaying?
Was she prosecuted in the court of law?
Is this her first offence?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 29 Nov 2011 3:06 am

^^^ +1

Precisely!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 29 Nov 2011 8:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Out of curiosity, why does someone require permission from MOM to marry a former WP holder?

It's a carry over from Leeky's genetic engineering experiments ala Mengele. One of his early debacles was the graduate mother's baby bonus programme, another was the O Level parents bonus. Both were dismal flops as can be witnessed by the idjits called Gen Y today.

Basically it boils down to this. The gahmen have been brainwashed by leeky to think that the higher the work pass the more brilliant the being. WP holders are considered the lowest and least educated of the lot, only suitable for manual/menial labour. Therefore, they are considered undesirable for "Breeding Stock" Hence the ban or special permission needed from MOM for them to Mix their bloodlines with the local idjits. Those who often are given permission are those who actually have educations in their homelands and have come here because there aren't any jobs for those educated persons. That's why a lot of Filippino's here on WP actually have degrees in their own country. But the local monkeys don't believe their degrees are worth anything so they don't recognize them, putting their degrees on par with a Poly diploma.

This is why MOM takes each woman on a case by case basis. Also, they look at the prospective husband as well to see if they can support the new brood mare. Frankly, letting in Female WP holders can only raise the level of the gene pool here from what I can see. :-|

Ah.. interesting! That explains the exemption letter from MOM (for the above rule) for some WP holders...

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 29 Nov 2011 9:55 pm

Ah, makes good sense. Thanks. This is an even more ridiculous reasoning on their part than I originally thought; that the gahmen didn't want locals falling in love with and marrying sex workers from PRC. :p

sundaymorningstaple wrote: