Christmas Tree

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 7:36 pm

JR8 wrote:
nutnut wrote:I must admit, I have found a way of stopping people walking directly at me in Shopping Malls now. If you hold a Christmas tree (in a box) across your body in front of you and walk fast then everyone seems to move out of your way!

At least they did for me, you think they'd apply the same logic when walking at a man of my size anyway ;)

nutnut

Try walking swiftly and letting a few walk into you, and see what happens.
It's fun isn't it!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 7:45 pm

BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote:
nutnut wrote:I must admit, I have found a way of stopping people walking directly at me in Shopping Malls now. If you hold a Christmas tree (in a box) across your body in front of you and walk fast then everyone seems to move out of your way!

At least they did for me, you think they'd apply the same logic when walking at a man of my size anyway ;)

nutnut

Try walking swiftly and letting a few walk into you, and see what happens.
It's fun isn't it!
Yah, most just bounce off, but the odd one goes atomic on you, mind you that's fun too, like having your boots mercilessly savaged by a hamster :cool:

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1854
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:20 am
Location: The Mainland....

Post by nutnut » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 7:49 pm

JR8 wrote:
BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote:
Try walking swiftly and letting a few walk into you, and see what happens.
It's fun isn't it!
Yah, most just bounce off, but the odd one goes atomic on you, mind you that's fun too, like having your boots mercilessly savaged by a hamster :cool:
I've tried it a couple of times, but I'm fairly big so it an be a little dangerous. Although, I must admit to enjoying it! I did it in an MRT station one day, there was a guy standing right infront of the doors and I walked right into him and he ended up on the floor.

I was always told never to pick on people smaller than me though.... Doesn't leave many folk!
nutnut

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 7:58 pm

nutnut wrote: I did it in an MRT station one day, there was a guy standing right infront of the doors and I walked right into him and he ended up on the floor.
Hi-5!


:cool:

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 7:59 pm

JR8 wrote:
nutnut wrote: I did it in an MRT station one day, there was a guy standing right infront of the doors and I walked right into him and he ended up on the floor.
Hi-5!


:cool:
No women or children though......

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 8:01 pm

BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote:
nutnut wrote: I did it in an MRT station one day, there was a guy standing right infront of the doors and I walked right into him and he ended up on the floor.
Hi-5!


:cool:
No women or children though......
Oh, I don't discriminate against the people foolish enough to walk into me :)

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 8:04 pm

JR8 wrote:
BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote: Hi-5!


:cool:
No women or children though......
Oh, I don't discriminate against the people foolish enough to walk into me :)
Shame on you!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 8:12 pm

BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote:
BillyB wrote: No women or children though......
Oh, I don't discriminate against the people foolish enough to walk into me :)
Shame on you!
Why do you (or are you just in a cranky mood this pm and gobbing off?)?

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 8:15 pm

JR8 wrote:
BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote: Oh, I don't discriminate against the people foolish enough to walk into me :)
Shame on you!
Why do you (or are you just in a cranky mood this pm and gobbing off?)?
Depends on how my yoga went in the morning!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 8:26 pm

BillyB wrote: Depends on how my yoga went in the morning!
And I thought you were joking about shaving your balls!

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 8:32 pm

JR8 wrote:
BillyB wrote: Depends on how my yoga went in the morning!
And I thought you were joking about shaving your balls!
I was.......immacing them is much easier!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 9:12 pm

BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote:
BillyB wrote: Depends on how my yoga went in the morning!
And I thought you were joking about shaving your balls!
I was.......immacing them is much easier!
Oh f$ck! doesn't that like bleach them or something?

Snowballs! :=D

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1854
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:20 am
Location: The Mainland....

Post by nutnut » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:03 pm

BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote:
nutnut wrote: I did it in an MRT station one day, there was a guy standing right infront of the doors and I walked right into him and he ended up on the floor.
Hi-5!


:cool:
No women or children though......
To be fair, I tend to only leave it to the biggest blokes I can find!

My 5 year old managed to knock a guy over in Expo at an IT show one time when they walked right into him! That was classic, definite hi-5 moment.

It's funnier seeing 'big' blokes knocked over I think!
nutnut

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:23 pm

Oh boy.

The last this kind of discussion happened, some over-sensitive person accused expats of assault.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:34 pm

nakatago wrote:Oh boy.

The last this kind of discussion happened, some over-sensitive person accused expats of assault.

Oh yes, you're right!

Afterthought: But that only sort of reinforced the original point being made...

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests