Singapore Expats Forum

Pet relocation company recommendation

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

sfgirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 27 Nov 2011

Pet relocation company recommendation

Postby sfgirl » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 1:03 am

My spouse and I are seeking advice on relocating our two cats from SF to Singapore. Can anyone recommend a pet relocation company? Also, is there anything else that we should be aware of?

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:20 pm

http://www.petmovers.com.sg/

Not a reco, but some useful info on he site.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 1:58 pm

relocating cats ? well, I hope they stay put in your house :D :D

Well, well, a friend who was wit DHL used Malaysian Airlines Pet relo service

Worth a check ..

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 6:56 pm

ecureilx wrote:relocating cats ? well, I hope they stay put in your house :D :D

Well, well, a friend who was wit DHL used Malaysian Airlines Pet relo service

Worth a check ..


If he worked for DHL why didn't he just smuggle them in himself?!

sfgirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 27 Nov 2011

Postby sfgirl » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 1:36 am

Thanks, we'll look into that. I found a handful of companies that offer this service, just not sure if they're reliable.

Speak your mind, I respect the freedom of speech.

User avatar
poodlek
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon, 10 May 2010
Location: Taipa, Macau
Contact:

Postby poodlek » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 9:28 am

Don't use Petmovers. Since I've only done this once I only have experience with them and don't have a recommendation to offer. Are you looking for someone to physically move the pets from SGO to SIN, or are you looking for help with the paperwork? Petmovers do paperwork on this end, as well as transport within sg, but do not offer any other service or insight.

User avatar
nuff
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2011
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Postby nuff » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 9:48 am

I relocated my dog from the UK to here recently and can fully recommend Peter Pet Services for this end.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:25 am

BillyB wrote:
ecureilx wrote:relocating cats ? well, I hope they stay put in your house :D :D

Well, well, a friend who was wit DHL used Malaysian Airlines Pet relo service

Worth a check ..


If he worked for DHL why didn't he just smuggle them in himself?!


Duh (oh .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ds-newsxml )

The cargo compartment in flights are unpressurised and it is COLD .. (ah, that reminds me of the many attempts of those stowaways .. )

With tightened security, apparently cargo flights are not allowed to have anything other than the crew .. and even a dog may have serious security implications .. hence the crew's aversion to flying in live-cargo ..

User avatar
nuff
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2011
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Postby nuff » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 3:11 pm

ecureilx wrote:With tightened security, apparently cargo flights are not allowed to have anything other than the crew .. and even a dog may have serious security implications


Second that, when I was checking through the paperwork I saw my dog went through the x-ray machine twice :shock:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 3:28 pm

nuff wrote:
ecureilx wrote:With tightened security, apparently cargo flights are not allowed to have anything other than the crew .. and even a dog may have serious security implications


Second that, when I was checking through the paperwork I saw my dog went through the x-ray machine twice :shock:


Probably they were they looking for the missing WMDs ??











Coat, Hat, Umbrella ...........

Oh, on a serious note, I read that Colombians had been surgically placing coke into dogs and flying them cross country ..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arjunareddy02 and 2 guests