Singapore Expats Forum

Its Official! Sunday "BRUNCH" Club! Feel free to join us! :)

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
raintree813

Postby raintree813 » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 1:44 pm

Hello there

I am a newbie here and would like to join the brunch. pls put me onto the list.

Sorry I still have not enough posts to PM but I will PM you my contact number once can.

Cheers!

Suisalina

Postby Suisalina » Sat, 10 Nov 2012 1:47 pm

same here....
would like to join next brunch to meet new people.. i will be away until end of the month but if you are up to christmasy brunch in december, i would love to join :)

slim0

Postby slim0 » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:53 pm

Hi all, I suppose it's too late to RSVP. In any case, I'd love to join next time. Looking forward to the next one!
S

SGslinger
Chatter
Chatter

Prosecco Buffet Brunch on Dec. 9

Postby SGslinger » Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:33 am

Hi all,

Throughout the year we've been checking out various brunch places around town, and meeting a bunch of fun new people along the way. Now the end of 2012 approaching, and the upcoming holiday season means it's time to loosen the old belt a bit and really indulge ourselves.

On December 9, we are going to the Sunday Prosecco Brunch at La Villa Italian Restaurant on River Valley Road.

Priced at $72++, the buffet offers Chilled Prawns & Mussels, Salads & Antipasti, Classic Cold Cuts, Mini Burgers, Sausages, Eggs
Home-baked Desserts | Italian Cheeses, along with a choice of Pasta/Pizza/Main.

This comes with free flow of Italian Prosecco & Wines, Mimosa Cocktail, Draught Beer, Orange/Lime Juice, Coffee and Tea.

More details here: http://www.lavilla.sg/promotions

I am going to book seven days from today, i.e. on Wednesday, Nov. 28. If you'd like to join us, please send me a PM and let me know by then. The plan is to have a manageable group of 12-15 people at max, so the sooner you let me know, the better.

While we won't be taking pre-payment, please adhere to the group's rules on cancellations and no-shows. We don't profit from these, so please respect the time and effort we're putting into making these happen. For this reason, please book only if you're at least 98% sure you can make it.

In your PM to me, please send me your email address and mobile number. Thanks, and look forward to seeing you on Dec. 9!

slim0

Re: Prosecco Buffet Brunch on Dec. 9

Postby slim0 » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:08 am

what a bummer that i have a conference on that day... have great fun and looking forward to future ones...

SGslinger wrote:Hi all,

Throughout the year we've been checking out various brunch places around town, and meeting a bunch of fun new people along the way. Now the end of 2012 approaching, and the upcoming holiday season means it's time to loosen the old belt a bit and really indulge ourselves.

On December 9, we are going to the Sunday Prosecco Brunch at La Villa Italian Restaurant on River Valley Road.

Priced at $72++, the buffet offers Chilled Prawns & Mussels, Salads & Antipasti, Classic Cold Cuts, Mini Burgers, Sausages, Eggs
Home-baked Desserts | Italian Cheeses, along with a choice of Pasta/Pizza/Main.

This comes with free flow of Italian Prosecco & Wines, Mimosa Cocktail, Draught Beer, Orange/Lime Juice, Coffee and Tea.

More details here: http://www.lavilla.sg/promotions

I am going to book seven days from today, i.e. on Wednesday, Nov. 28. If you'd like to join us, please send me a PM and let me know by then. The plan is to have a manageable group of 12-15 people at max, so the sooner you let me know, the better.

While we won't be taking pre-payment, please adhere to the group's rules on cancellations and no-shows. We don't profit from these, so please respect the time and effort we're putting into making these happen. For this reason, please book only if you're at least 98% sure you can make it.

In your PM to me, please send me your email address and mobile number. Thanks, and look forward to seeing you on Dec. 9!

Ms_Riley

Postby Ms_Riley » Sat, 24 Nov 2012 4:50 pm

hi im a new comer here and would love to join you guys. Unfortunately i'll be arriving in SG in the afternoon on that day from Bangkok.. Looking forward for the next one in the future :)

Valerie12320

Hi

Postby Valerie12320 » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 11:56 am

Hi found this thread for brunch. Keep me updated . I'm Singaporean f btw. Thks.

Poc4hontas
Regular
Regular

Postby Poc4hontas » Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:13 am

Happy New Year to the regulars and new brunch people.

To kick start this year, I am going to arrange the first brunch of 2013 ( YAY )

What is even better I am going to for for Riders Cafe. Yap you heard me right !

Its quite far for some people as it is located at Bukit Timah Saddle Club.But the review of this place has been excellent and is always packed.

I have booked for 8 people ( as allowed ) therefore again this is a first come first serve basis.

This is also the day where some people are doing their Green Corridor Run, and will be finishing around Bukit Timah area so guys, join us for brunch !

Detail as below :

When : 27 January 2013, Sunday

Time : 12 pm ( don't be late ) as this place is popular, there is a turning table for next reservation.

Venue : Riders Cafe

51 Fairways Drive

Singapore 286965

Bukit Timah Saddle Club

Check out their yummy menu at http://www.riderscafe.sg/docs/RC2012_MenuBrunch_WEb.pdf

You know the ' usual ' rule :). If you want to join us, please PM me or simply reply to this thread and I will contact you.

cheers
L

rds148

Postby rds148 » Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:59 pm

anyone up for brunch tomorrow?
--
I am easily satisfied with the very best

lisa from CA

Would love to join next Sunday

Postby lisa from CA » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 8:21 pm

Hi All -
Looks like a fun group for Sunday brunch :D
I just relocated to Singapore this weekend but would love to meet up for the next brunch!

Take care all,
Lisa

OracleOfQuantico

Postby OracleOfQuantico » Sun, 17 Feb 2013 12:04 am

the thread seems quiet for a few weeks now.. anyone up for brunch?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 5:44 pm

Well...I have nowhere to go this Sunday...maybe trying out a new brunch place would be good :D
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

SGslinger
Chatter
Chatter

Postby SGslinger » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:53 am

Akimbo wrote:Well...I have nowhere to go this Sunday...maybe trying out a new brunch place would be good :D

If you want to do an impromptu thing, I've heard good things about Cafe Gavroche. http://www.cafegavroche.com/

Review here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/bars/ ... omfortable

If you want to put a plan together, Mr. Akimbo, I'm more than happy to join.

They don't take reservations, but I'm not sure how crowded the place will be

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Postby alittlerisky » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:52 pm

SGslinger wrote:
Akimbo wrote:If you want to do an impromptu thing, I've heard good things about Cafe Gavroche. http://www.cafegavroche.com/

Eeek! $16 for a croque monsieur! That's like 10 euros! Putain de merde! I can get a croque monsieur and three beers for the same price my local cafe in brussels!

But then I suppose this is Singapore.
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 1:49 pm

SGslinger wrote:If you want to do an impromptu thing, I've heard good things about Cafe Gavroche. http://www.cafegavroche.com/

They don't take reservations, but I'm not sure how crowded the place will be

They don't? Then what's with the "For Reservations: Call 6225 4869"? :???:

Yeah, well...I'll think about it, but most prolly gonna be extremely sudden when I decide go. Just found a new (old) game to play on the PC...haha. Thx for the recommendation, Slinger.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.