Singapore Expats Forum

Application for LTSVP fails (I have the EPEC)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zhiyong

Application for LTSVP fails (I have the EPEC)

Postby zhiyong » Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:09 am

I've got my EPEC about one year before. Recently I applied LTSVP for EPEC holder but it was rejected. ICA gave no explanation for the rejection. I am now guessing it is possibly because: (1) When I did my EPEC application. I provided my undergraduate certificate. While in the LTSVP application, I used my master degree I had obtained this year. (2) My EPEC will remain being valid for only half a year. or (3) I am not in Singapore right now (I have some unfinished business in Finland).

I am quite disappointed by the outcome. Is there any way I can appeal for the decision or make another try when I arrive at Singapore? Any suggestions are appreciated. Please help me.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 23 Nov 2011 1:40 am

Your outcome is unexpected, so I am not surprised that you are consternated.

Can you just clarify a couple of points, as there is still a bit of a cloud of confusion hanging over some of these points on the forum.

- The LTVP (on the basis of having an EPEC) instructions say you have to apply when in Singapore. So what lead you to apply from abroad?
- When you applied, did it at any point ask you to input your 'D/E card number' (the retained stamped immigration card you get in your passport on arrival)?

Frankly I don't see that your points 1) and 2) figure, but then I'm no expert. Just someone who went through the EPEC process 4 years ago.