Singapore Expats

Best place to look for a used big bike?

Have your burning questions answered relating to buying and selling cars and other vehicles.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 23 Nov 2011 1:48 pm

Asian_Geekette wrote: Your fine print is true! I live near Geylang and when it's middle of the night, I hear all those loud bikes roaring off somewhere in the vicinity. :) Probably Harley's. So all types of bikes in Geylang lah. :P
But Geylang has more Asian bikes that American bikes :D :D (Whatever that means .. )

Oh, while we have drifted from Bikes to Paramount, well, even Lucky Plaza after dark turns into a mini OT .. with the numerous bars and the disco opening up ..

Nathan Explosion

Post by Nathan Explosion » Wed, 23 Nov 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks curiousgeorge, that's the sort of advice I need to know. I'll check out Looi's and get in some time on a local big bike before I do the conversion just in case.

Also, to those who suggested I might be able to pick up a cheap bike at OT, Geylang, or the Paramount, thanks but those bikes have a little more mileage on them than what I'm looking for. Plus I suspect that some of the 'bikes' I've seen parked out the front of OT at night come with unexpected aftermarket accessories.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 23 Nov 2011 2:09 pm

Nathan Explosion wrote:... come with unexpected aftermarket accessories.
Or illegal modifications .....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Nov 2011 2:16 pm

Or both.

Modifications? That's the back block. :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers