Singapore Expats Forum

ASIAWORKS

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Paul

ASIAWORKS

Postby Paul » Sun, 28 Nov 2004 3:57 pm

Did anybody hear about this and can share his/her thought about it?

Bluebell

Postby Bluebell » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 9:56 am

I joined the introduction session once. Was invited by a friend. It's a self improvement program.. they have like 3 phases (if i remember correctly). To start with, you need to fork about $1,000 to join the 1st phase.. The last phase is leadership program. The whole program will teach you how to live this life to the fullest, explore the potential u have, where do u want to go from here through discussion with other members and put everything into action... Most membersin leadership program are involved in community works too... I personally think it's a good program but i can't afford to spend so much on self development program :D

Bella

Re: ASIAWORKS

Postby Bella » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 6:16 pm

First - how did u hear of it?
Second - what does your instinct say?
Third- What area/s of your life do you feel you need to change? What challenges are you facing right now?

I know of AW (have done other similar but much more intense courses) and cant comment just yet, let me understand bit more about yr thots on doing the course

Paul wrote:Did anybody hear about this and can share his/her thought about it?

ps

aw

Postby ps » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 7:34 pm

did all 3 levels of AW 3 yrs ago and hv never regretted it. Great course for all people. gives you an insight in the way you operate in life such that you are more aware/understand your actions and motivations. Would highly recommend to all.

Postby Guest » Sat, 11 Dec 2004 1:23 am

feel like a cult thingy

go for the intro class..u would know wat i mean
just my 2 cents worth of thot

Postby Guest » Sat, 11 Dec 2004 1:22 pm

My personal opinion!

Is that the courses are designed for one thing only and that is to make money out of people, lacking the slight push that they need, to evaluate their leadership skills and confidence in themselves.

Of course these are useful courses, But food for thought! you can certainly take on challenging tasks, and test your abilities in many ways. without having to be milked of your savings.

I recall my own experiences of personal leadership skills after 12 years of military service. quite small in size at 173cm 80kg, very muscular.

One can never be the best at everything, accept that!

second concentrate on improving yourself by challenging your ownself. in everything you do. test yourself against others occassionally.

Take into consideration all physical factors and mental factors.

Remember excuses for failure are very easy to come by! Results are what counts, be it a fair, good or excellent results.

Never come back and say you cannot do it, find a way, get others to do it!
It's all about getting results.

Keep an open mind and listen to others, evaluate and act.

If you haven't recognised you have the ability to lead at a young age, you will probably never succeed.

You could be the most educated person in the world, with a very high I.Q

It is absolutely useless if you are have no experience or common sense needed, in daily life.

Think before doing.

My opinion one can always discuss, But i can tell you now, the people running these courses are all ready aware, that it is an excellent way to empty peoples savings accounts, and at the same time, keep people happy! because they feel the sense of achievment, like the threads above.

In all honesty, those people didn't really need the course, it is all phsycological! mind over matter!

What they really achieved was only to feel the glow and the reassurance, that they did well.

It is very easy to plan your own program at very little cost. I personally used to supervise recruit training for many years, survival training over a period of weeks, will bring out the best in everyone, or the worst.

The worst is, that the challange was to difficult, doesn't mean that you failed, it means you have gained insight into the differences and make up of the human body, and the mind.

Use your money in a more enjoyable way of discovering your own talents.

Regards

Michael P.

Postby Michael P. » Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:15 pm

I heard rumours too that people attending AW are changeing completely and not always to a good side. They start to judge others by their "checklists" .... So it must be kinda brainwashing isnt it?

Darrell

Asiaworks is a good thing

Postby Darrell » Wed, 15 Dec 2004 9:00 am

AsiaWorks has a good product. I attended one of the advertised evenings they had in November on Communications and it was really interesting, and only $100. The people who have done their other courses seem ti be very enthusiastic and have a lot of fun with each other. They are also doing charity work. It reminds me of a university fraternity, where people are learning, having fun and doing good deeds. I personally think being excited about something is good!

Michael P.

Postby Michael P. » Wed, 15 Dec 2004 8:54 pm

But i feel like they just play their enthusiasm, sometimes they laugh, but are not really laughing you know, i just kind a feel that

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”