Singapore Expats

pillow/cushion cover with dragon&phoenix image -gift, where?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

pillow/cushion cover with dragon&phoenix image -gift, wh

Post by shiranaihito » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:47 am

need to get a gift for my elderly, bet they will love anything with dragon&phoenix image.. I think of pillow, cushion cover.. but don't know where got sell. Btw, anything else with dragon&phoenix image beside pillow, cushion cover.. some idea?

who buy before? - advise me where got sell? Where exactly in Chinatown

thank u very much

:)
Last edited by shiranaihito on Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:48 am

Chinatown?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Post by shiranaihito » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Chinatown?
thxs, which part of Chinatown?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:01 am

shiranaihito wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Chinatown?
thxs, which part of Chinatown?

The Chinese part.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:51 am

Walk into any (Chinese) souvenir shop and ask. They will probably be able to direct you to a suitable shop.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:08 pm

When you get to China Town MRT, look across the road from the old shopping mall China Point which is being renovated. On the left hand corner across the road there is a department store 4 or 5 levels, they should have it there!

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Post by shiranaihito » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 2:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Walk into any (Chinese) souvenir shop and ask. They will probably be able to direct you to a suitable shop.
thanks

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Post by shiranaihito » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 2:07 pm

ksl wrote:When you get to China Town MRT, look across the road from the old shopping mall China Point which is being renovated. On the left hand corner across the road there is a department store 4 or 5 levels, they should have it there!
thanks for the directions :)

from the map, across the Chinatown Point, few building: Yue Hwa, OG, People's Park Complex, are u actually talking about People's Park Complex?

usmugh

Post by usmugh » Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:53 am

Yue Hwa has a good variety of traditional Chinese design products, if you want to look for a bargain try the small shops along Pagoda Street. It should be Exit A from Chinatown MRT.

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Post by shiranaihito » Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:05 pm

usmugh wrote:Yue Hwa has a good variety of traditional Chinese design products, if you want to look for a bargain try the small shops along Pagoda Street. It should be Exit A from Chinatown MRT.
good idea, thanks :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:51 am

shiranaihito wrote:
usmugh wrote:Yue Hwa has a good variety of traditional Chinese design products, if you want to look for a bargain try the small shops along Pagoda Street. It should be Exit A from Chinatown MRT.
Left hand corner means left hand corner :wink: Yue Hwa, the others are not on a corner of the cross road :lol: though i forgive you as you are probably not familiar with how precise an army gunnery instructor is with directions :D

Yue Hwa is the one, much better quality than Pagoda st, as it caters for the Chinese locals mostly and not tourists! The textiles in Pagoda St are designed for souvenirs, and not really made to last, look at the stitching, and you will see it will fall apart the first year of use. It's all about profit margins and not quality in tourist areas.

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Post by shiranaihito » Sat, 26 Nov 2011 7:09 am

ksl wrote:
shiranaihito wrote:
Left hand corner means left hand corner :wink: Yue Hwa, the others are not on a corner of the cross road :lol: though i forgive you as you are probably not familiar with how precise an army gunnery instructor is with directions :D

yes Sir! left hand corner! thanks for the impunity haa

Yue Hwa is the one, much better quality than Pagoda st, as it caters for the Chinese locals mostly and not tourists! The textiles in Pagoda St are designed for souvenirs, and not really made to last, look at the stitching, and you will see it will fall apart the first year of use. It's all about profit margins and not quality in tourist areas.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:09 am

ksl...... :lol: