Singapore Expats Forum

pillow/cushion cover with dragon&phoenix image -gift, where?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

pillow/cushion cover with dragon&phoenix image -gift, wh

Postby shiranaihito » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:47 am

need to get a gift for my elderly, bet they will love anything with dragon&phoenix image.. I think of pillow, cushion cover.. but don't know where got sell. Btw, anything else with dragon&phoenix image beside pillow, cushion cover.. some idea?


who buy before? - advise me where got sell? Where exactly in Chinatown

thank u very much


:)
Last edited by shiranaihito on Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34270
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:48 am

Chinatown?

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Chinatown?


thxs, which part of Chinatown?

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:01 am

shiranaihito wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Chinatown?


thxs, which part of Chinatown?



The Chinese part.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34270
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:51 am

Walk into any (Chinese) souvenir shop and ask. They will probably be able to direct you to a suitable shop.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:08 pm

When you get to China Town MRT, look across the road from the old shopping mall China Point which is being renovated. On the left hand corner across the road there is a department store 4 or 5 levels, they should have it there!

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 2:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Walk into any (Chinese) souvenir shop and ask. They will probably be able to direct you to a suitable shop.


thanks

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 2:07 pm

ksl wrote:When you get to China Town MRT, look across the road from the old shopping mall China Point which is being renovated. On the left hand corner across the road there is a department store 4 or 5 levels, they should have it there!


thanks for the directions :)

from the map, across the Chinatown Point, few building: Yue Hwa, OG, People's Park Complex, are u actually talking about People's Park Complex?

usmugh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby usmugh » Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:53 am

Yue Hwa has a good variety of traditional Chinese design products, if you want to look for a bargain try the small shops along Pagoda Street. It should be Exit A from Chinatown MRT.

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:05 pm

usmugh wrote:Yue Hwa has a good variety of traditional Chinese design products, if you want to look for a bargain try the small shops along Pagoda Street. It should be Exit A from Chinatown MRT.


good idea, thanks :)

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:51 am

shiranaihito wrote:
usmugh wrote:Yue Hwa has a good variety of traditional Chinese design products, if you want to look for a bargain try the small shops along Pagoda Street. It should be Exit A from Chinatown MRT.


good idea, thanks :)
Left hand corner means left hand corner :wink: Yue Hwa, the others are not on a corner of the cross road :lol: though i forgive you as you are probably not familiar with how precise an army gunnery instructor is with directions :D

Yue Hwa is the one, much better quality than Pagoda st, as it caters for the Chinese locals mostly and not tourists! The textiles in Pagoda St are designed for souvenirs, and not really made to last, look at the stitching, and you will see it will fall apart the first year of use. It's all about profit margins and not quality in tourist areas.

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Sat, 26 Nov 2011 7:09 am

ksl wrote:
shiranaihito wrote:
usmugh wrote:Yue Hwa has a good variety of traditional Chinese design products, if you want to look for a bargain try the small shops along Pagoda Street. It should be Exit A from Chinatown MRT.


good idea, thanks :)
Left hand corner means left hand corner :wink: Yue Hwa, the others are not on a corner of the cross road :lol: though i forgive you as you are probably not familiar with how precise an army gunnery instructor is with directions :D

yes Sir! left hand corner! thanks for the impunity haa


Yue Hwa is the one, much better quality than Pagoda st, as it caters for the Chinese locals mostly and not tourists! The textiles in Pagoda St are designed for souvenirs, and not really made to last, look at the stitching, and you will see it will fall apart the first year of use. It's all about profit margins and not quality in tourist areas.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34270
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:09 am

ksl...... :lol:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests