Singapore Expats Forum

Incorporating a business and applying for EP.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Banzaiii

Incorporating a business and applying for EP.

Postby Banzaiii » Sat, 19 Nov 2011 2:47 am

First time poster seeking advice on relocating to Singapore!

I am from Scandinavia and have just recently signed a contract with a US company, sort of like a freelance. I will be doing technical service on their equipment all over Asia, but would prefer to settle down in Singapore for obvious reasons! :wink:
I was first thinking of applying for an EntrePass, but that seems to be out of the question, since I won't be hiring anybody and 99.99% of my work will be done outside of SPR. So my plan is to incorporate a business in SPR and to apply for EP as a self employed. I've been reading a bit on MOM's website and scanning the forum and it seems to be that this is my only option. The contract is for 24 months and I don't really intend on staying longer than that. All I want is to live in SPR, to pay taxes and spend my cash here. All the income will be coming from outside the country!

There seems to be a few companies specializing in helping foreigners with the services that I would require, such as incorporation process, EP application etc. Is any of these better than the others? Should I engage a company to help me, or do ou have any other recommendations on how i should proceed with my plan?

Is there anything that I should be looking out for? Any other tips or advices in his matter would be highly appreciated!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Nov 2011 6:52 am