Singapore Expats

A Gathering of eagles! - November!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:16 pm

richie303 wrote:
BillyB wrote:
richie303 wrote:Glad you both liked it! Its my favourite Thai restaurant, shame I couldn't make it! :(

Did they look after you and make sure you got your discounts and deals?

Richie
Allow me to give my view. Richie, your venue choice was pants! I got there around 9.30pm and they closed at 10pm. I didn;t even get any food options and had 1 beer. So much for looking after us!

If it's not broken, don't fix it. The last place was good and next time I vote for that!

The rest of you - you bunch of sell-outs! Amazing how many illnesses and excuses come to fruition on a Friday at 5pm! :P
Frankly, if you turn up so late what do you expect?

I also have MC lah...
You can't defend them on that point. It's a Friday night - no-one expects to be given their marching orders at 10pm.

I vote for the outdoor section of lau pa sat next time on boon tat street. There is beer, seafood, indian, thai, satay, chinese etc.

And they stay open well past 10pm for those of us who have work commitments first :wink:

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:44 pm

BillyB wrote: You can't defend them on that point. It's a Friday night - no-one expects to be given their marching orders at 10pm.

I vote for the outdoor section of lau pa sat next time on boon tat street. There is beer, seafood, indian, thai, satay, chinese etc.

And they stay open well past 10pm for those of us who have work commitments first :wink:
They did actually ask us to leave at about 10:03. He came to me specifically and said "sorry ma'am we are closed now" which is kinda lame on a Friday night, but I wasn't too put out since I was planning on leaving soon anyway. I can't in good conscience stay out too late when my babysitter refuses payment :-)
Lau Pa Sat would be just fine with me for next time (my $0.02)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 1:35 pm

JR8 wrote:
ksl wrote:
JR8 wrote:
So what the point of paying for the alcohol then?
:P :wink:
haha! That's like asking why you mix cock - tails together :lol:
To get drunk?

Oh hang on this part of KSL's Kreb's Cycle issit?

:)
The Romans soldiers were never really any good at making wine, they drank vinegar!

Posca was a drink popular in ancient Rome and Greece, made by mixing sour wine or vinegar with water and flavouring herbs. It originated in Greece as a medicinal mixture but became an everyday drink for the Roman army and the lower classes from around the 2nd century BC, continuing to be used throughout Roman history and into the Byzantine period. It was made by reusing wine spoiled by faulty storage and had important dietary advantages. As well as being a source of liquid, it provided calories and was an antiscorbutic, helping to prevent scurvy by providing vitamin C. Its acidity killed harmful bacteria and the flavouring helped to overcome the bad taste of local water supplies. :D 5 kg to go and I maybe adding the rum!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 2:02 pm

poodlek wrote: They did actually ask us to leave at about 10:03. He came to me specifically and said "sorry ma'am we are closed now" which is kinda lame on a Friday night, but I wasn't too put out since I was planning on leaving soon anyway. I can't in good conscience stay out too late when my babysitter refuses payment :-)
Lau Pa Sat would be just fine with me for next time (my $0.02)
I am not surprised, though I disappeared by 8 pm ..

Restaurants close up 10.00 or 10.30 - unless they pay staff for late work ... most don't ..

Well, we could always go back to the one at Orchard :D :D

Ah, by the way, say hello to your babysitter

I just made it back home, just in time before my other half was getting impatient as I was buying back dinner for her too..

richie303
Chatter
Chatter

Post by richie303 » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 4:56 pm

I don't think it's a staff being paid thing, more a license thing.

Still, glad you enjoyed it, maybe next time we should go somewhere later opening.

Richie
Richie - East Coast Superbabe...

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Sun, 27 Nov 2011 7:59 pm

ecureilx wrote: Ah, by the way, say hello to your babysitter
Why, do you know her? You may be surprised to find out that she's not Filipino :wink:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:00 am

poodlek wrote:
ecureilx wrote: Ah, by the way, say hello to your babysitter
Why, do you know her? You may be surprised to find out that she's not Filipino :wink:
Ah shucks, I thought it was your other half :D :D

A thousand apologies in advance then .. :D

Filipino ? nah .. I hope my other half doesn't bump into this thread :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:14 am

richie303 wrote:I don't think it's a staff being paid thing, more a license thing.

Still, glad you enjoyed it, maybe next time we should go somewhere later opening.

Richie
I thought of referring a couple of Irish Bars, as they stay open till late ... the places with light music (unlike the Phad Thai where the music seemed to be more close to disco level, or we were sitting quite close to the speaker ..

If all are up for a tower or two of Heinekken, I could sponsor for the next outing, :D :D