Singapore Expats Forum

Any CELTS out there or are you from a bag-piping nation?!!!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Yes, i am Celtic and come from ...

Scotland
100%
Ireland
No votes
Wales
No votes
Cornwall
No votes
Isle of Man
No votes
Brittany
No votes

Total votes: 4

Buchanan

Any CELTS out there or are you from a bag-piping nation?!!!

Postby Buchanan » Sun, 28 Nov 2004 9:56 am

Hi there folks:

I am moving to Singapore in Jan. 2005 and I was just wondering how many Celtic people there are out in that hot and humid location known, to most, as Singapore?

I am Scottish myself and I was " a just a wondering..." that's all ...

Slainté, Guid forder, Iechyd da, Santé, in other words ...

Cheers!

Addendum: I apologise that I missed out Galacia in Spain for the poll.
I always cheque fur speelling mistakes and other such errorz... ;)

Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo

Postby Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo » Mon, 06 Dec 2004 4:17 pm

Hey buchanan...

Am not a celt, but been to the celtic land... yup, there's quite a number of scots and irish here... tons of irish pubs available... just pick and choose ;)

Welcome on board mate... and yeah, it sure is humid and wam here as compared to the celtic and bagpiping land... but the people's as colourful as what u've there i suppose! Just maintain that celtic wit and charm, u'll be sailing ur way thru'! ;)

Just sharing,
~Lolla_lee_loo~
Know the self to be sitting in the chariot, the body to be the chariot, the intellect the charioteer, and the mind the reins...

~ Veda Upanishads~

Postby Guest » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 1:37 am

Hey Buchan,

Being the damp squib I'll be sure to attract a hail of abuse from board members...but be aware...singapore is an artificial society, a newborn construct that literally came down with the last shower, a facade...you won't be here long before you being to wonder where the disorder, the craic, the occassional random act of violence, the whistlers, brawlers, buskers, wanderers and chancers have all gone...they're not permitted here. It may seem utopian to some especially in the context of a much more chaotic and poverty riddled Asia, but to quote an old Talking Heads tune, "Heaven, heaven is a place where nothing ever happens".

Taimse fein as an oilean beag in aice leat, nil aon criac ar fail anseo a chara.

Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo

Postby Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 1:42 pm

Good heavens'... that was a very degoratory remark passed down there...

I stand affirm that there r very nice and down-to-earth, very humble and modest Singaporeans...

Heck to all the unbelievers...
Know the self to be sitting in the chariot, the body to be the chariot, the intellect the charioteer, and the mind the reins...

~ Veda Upanishads~

schmig

Postby schmig » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 8:36 pm

Sorry, I was in wanton humour when I wrote that...well, on the positive side, the weather's great, the food's better, and what the folks lack in spontaneity they make up for in good manners.

Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo

Postby Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo » Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:28 am

Geee, that's much better schmig... be careful what u say next time lad... Singaporeans may be weird at times, but we're NOT 'langers'!! (It's a Cork slang dude)

Just my 2 cents' worth...

~ Veda Upanishads~

Anglocelt

Postby Anglocelt » Sat, 08 Jan 2005 7:09 pm

I must say I am very insulted: where is the catagory for the Irish/scot hybrid bred in England?