Singapore Expats Forum

Application has changed to 'PENDING' again!!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
babytomato
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 09 Oct 2011

Application has changed to 'PENDING' again!!

Postby babytomato » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:57 pm

Due to previous statement, I call to ICA & check why is my application went to 'withdrawn' from 'pending'. The officer over the phone can't really give me an exact answer. She said withdrawn means the application has taken down from processing. I asked her why is it so but she is not confirm. She asked me to email ICA or call other department to check it out which is I did but no avail. Hence, at this morning I wrote an email to ICA saying

1) Do I need to provide/submit any further documents?

2) Is the meaning of WITHDRAWN positive or negative?

By afternoon time, I went to ienquiry to simply check again in the hope of something miracle happens and IT DOES exist!

The application turned from 'WITHDRAWN' to PENDING' again!! but with the new date of application starting 14 JULY 2011.

Now my questions are :

a) How long does this application going to take since the new date of processing imposed?Any idea? Another 6mths?

b) If I happen to change my job now due to better offer, does this going to affect my application and do I have to re-apply with a new one?

c) Recently my husband has been confirmed as a Manager, do I need to submit his confirmation to update ICA?

d) I am really hopeful that my application can be approved. Is there any other way to maximise my chances?

Looking forward to those who can contribute to my post. Much appreciated for your time and effort =)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Application has changed to 'PENDING' again!!

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 7:55 am

babytomato wrote:Looking forward to those who can contribute to my post. Much appreciated for your time and effort =)


a wild stab in the dark .. as I said elsewhere, there has been some 'pointers' that they are reviewing some applications ..

I would suggest you update ICa on the status of your husband, as a routine update, and await their advice

Don't try to second guess ICA .. says me .. :) :)

babytomato
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 09 Oct 2011

Postby babytomato » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:32 am

You mean my chances of approval is slim? I didn't try to second guess the ICA. Any idea why is the processing change to 'PENDING' again? Anyway thanks for your feedback ^^

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:39 am

babytomato wrote:You mean my chances of approval is slim? I didn't try to second guess the ICA. Any idea why is the processing change to 'PENDING' again? Anyway thanks for your feedback ^^


gee .. I dunno how to rephrase it ..

I meant, I heard some smoke (of course, maybe without fire) that ICA is reviewing some of the KIV'd applications .. means you may be in the consideration ..

Be positive ...

babytomato
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 09 Oct 2011

Postby babytomato » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:55 am

ecureilx wrote:
babytomato wrote:You mean my chances of approval is slim? I didn't try to second guess the ICA. Any idea why is the processing change to 'PENDING' again? Anyway thanks for your feedback ^^


gee .. I dunno how to rephrase it ..

I meant, I heard some smoke (of course, maybe without fire) that ICA is reviewing some of the KIV'd applications .. means you may be in the consideration ..

Be positive ...


Now I'm getting your point. So for the time being, I will just wait and see. If there is any good news then I will post & share with all ^^
By then wish me luck & thanks for the comment.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:00 am

Hey squirrel, if you are going to give information, please don't just "blow smoke" as the OP will take is as the gospel and then, when that doesn't happen, they will have hard feelings against the board for building up their hopes when it shouldn't have been. :-|

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:43 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey squirrel, if you are going to give information, please don't just "blow smoke" as the OP will take is as the gospel and then, when that doesn't happen, they will have hard feelings against the board for building up their hopes when it shouldn't have been. :-|




Chief : Sent you a PM :)

babytomato
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 09 Oct 2011

Postby babytomato » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:21 pm

It's not hard feelings and bash the forum but if success then it would be a bonus for us. Just sharing thoughts and it would be great if anyone who can provide the information,don't you think so? There is no 100% guarantee in life but just INCOME TAX & DEATH. Moreover, it is up to ICA to decide. We are hear to seek advice & indication. After all, life is about sharing =)

gaurav.bhatia81
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 27 Dec 2011

Postby gaurav.bhatia81 » Tue, 27 Dec 2011 3:52 pm

Hi babytomato,

Any news from ICA? or is the application still "pending"?

babytomato
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 09 Oct 2011

Postby babytomato » Tue, 27 Dec 2011 11:10 pm

gaurav.bhatia81 wrote:Hi babytomato,

Any news from ICA? or is the application still "pending"?


Hi,

The application is still 'PENDING' As for now, I think my case will be viewed after New Year. Should it be any news, then will update & share =) Pray for us! Hehe

dhijho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2011

Postby dhijho » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 4:33 pm

babytomato wrote:
gaurav.bhatia81 wrote:Hi babytomato,

Any news from ICA? or is the application still "pending"?


Hi,

The application is still 'PENDING' As for now, I think my case will be viewed after New Year. Should it be any news, then will update & share =) Pray for us! Hehe


Babytomoto,

I assume they may not have quota this year, and they are holding to utilize next year's quota for you. When did you apply?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 4:56 pm

What proof do you have that they are using a quota?

dhijho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2011

Postby dhijho » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 5:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What proof do you have that they are using a quota?


Many assumptions flying around .. this my assumption.
There might be a quota (xnum of DP to PR, Xnum of Indians to PR, Xnum of european to PR) ...

But some of my friends PR rejected even after 9 months .. and some got..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 5:18 pm

So in other words, you don't have a clue, but wanted to write something. :lol:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 30 Dec 2011 5:18 pm

dhijho wrote:Many assumptions flying around .. this my assumption.
There might be a quota (xnum of DP to PR, Xnum of Indians to PR, Xnum of european to PR) ...

But some of my friends PR rejected even after 9 months .. and some got..


I am a bit slow .. so the PR system is based only on quota ?? :oops: :oops:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest