Singapore Expats Forum

hongkong parent with a new born baby!!!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kleahcim

hongkong parent with a new born baby!!!

Postby kleahcim » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:23 am

hi, my wife and I come from Hongkong with EP holder.
but our new baby will be delivered in Dec and we would like to know what we should do to get his passport and go back hongkong.
:???:

appreciate if any helps....

Michael

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:47 am

If both of you have valid passes in SG, your wife is allowed to give birth in SG. Upon delivery , the hospital of your choice will issue a Birth Certificate. With that , you will have to go to your Embassy to register your child SAR citizenship and PP . Then on apply DP for the child with MOM. You have 45 days to do this upon delivery. The child needs a valid pass either a DP or LTSVP in order to be legally residing in SG

No , the child is not a SG citizen and cannot apply for dual citizenship

www.ica.gov.sg ( The site is under maintenance now hence I am not able to show you the link page at ICA)
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

kleahcim

Postby kleahcim » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:16 am

many thanks, I try to look for more info. from China embassy website but i couldn't find the relevant info. yet coz i need to know where to go for HKSAR passport or what I should bring with...

Mad Scientist wrote:If both of you have valid passes in SG, your wife is allowed to give birth in SG. Upon delivery , the hospital of your choice will issue a Birth Certificate. With that , you will have to go to your Embassy to register your child SAR citizenship and PP . Then on apply DP for the child with MOM. You have 45 days to do this upon delivery. The child needs a valid pass either a DP or LTSVP in order to be legally residing in SG

No , the child is not a SG citizen and cannot apply for dual citizenship

www.ica.gov.sg ( The site is under maintenance now hence I am not able to show you the link page at ICA)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 3:48 am

I cannot help you on that bit with the Chinese Embassy. I guess you have to go there in person. Their website isn't helpful too but if all fails, you can still go back to Hong Kong to do the PP for the child. All you need is the travel papers issued by the Embassy as you are the parent of the child and with the Birth Certificate issued by the local hospital , it should be sufficient to get a one way travel papers for immigration in both countries.
This is a standard SOP on all countries when one does not have a travel document or loss or for whatever reason when one from another country travelling to another part of the world
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

kleahcim

Postby kleahcim » Thu, 24 Nov 2011 4:19 pm

thank you :D :D

Mad Scientist wrote:I cannot help you on that bit with the Chinese Embassy. I guess you have to go there in person. Their website isn't helpful too but if all fails, you can still go back to Hong Kong to do the PP for the child. All you need is the travel papers issued by the Embassy as you are the parent of the child and with the Birth Certificate issued by the local hospital , it should be sufficient to get a one way travel papers for immigration in both countries.
This is a standard SOP on all countries when one does not have a travel document or loss or for whatever reason when one from another country travelling to another part of the world