Singapore Expats Forum

looking for maid to transfer

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
mingwei5858
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2011

looking for maid to transfer

Postby mingwei5858 » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 9:56 am

hi there~ i m a working mother moving to singapore in 1 month time with 2 kids, the maid agency said time is not enough to hire a maid, the lead time is usually 2+ months! does anyone here by any chance knows any maid to transfer in this December? thanks and thanks!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:10 am

Looking after your own children for a month, rather than fobbing them off on a 3rd world peasant instead.

Hardship posting; how do people cope these days!

:???:

User avatar
Z13
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Z13 » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:47 am

JR8, what a rude reply. Are you even an expat?

This is an expat forum, and like it or not a lot of expats want maids.

I personally don't have one, but I understand a lot of my expat friends who do.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:23 pm

JR8? an Expat ?? :???: :???:

Well, back to the subject .. well, you need to identify a reliable agency ..

Finding a transfer maid, is a bit of a hit and run .. :)

And if your current agency is saying they cant' find a maid so fast, they are just making sure you get a new maid = more payment, unlike transfer maids .. says my experience.

Unless you paid the agency, find another one ..

If their is a binding legal agreement, still ask them to stuff it, as they failed to meet your need ..

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 5:58 pm

Z13 wrote:JR8, what a rude reply. Are you even an expat?

Heh? How rude of you lol. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Perhaps when you have finished standing in judgement of others you can elucidate.

This is an expat forum, and like it or not a lot of expats want maids.

Lol. [no further comment, in case I'm accused of being rude again ;)]

I personally don't have one, but I understand a lot of my expat friends who do.


Meanwhile, I find the way some people - who have probably never had staff - believe that when they land in Singapore they will not be able to survive without them a little confusing. The fact is that as the OP has already suggested the lead-time on a maid is 2+ months. I know that as right now my mother-in-law is waiting for hers to arrive. If I were the OP I'd be considering alternatives to tide her over...

User avatar
Z13
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Z13 » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 7:43 am

Perhaps when you have finished standing in judgement of others you can elucidate.


JR8: Is being a world hypocrite difficult, or does it just come naturally?

Maybe you should take some of your own advice.

And re: the "are you an expat" question. Its a fair question.. This is an expat forum, and you're going to get a lot of expat questions (like the OP's). I have a feeling you're not- which brings me to the question, why are you here?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 7:51 am

Z13 wrote:And re: the "are you an expat" question. Its a fair question.. This is an expat forum, and you're going to get a lot of expat questions (like the OP's). I have a feeling you're not- which brings me to the question, why are you here?


And me butts in and says you should not form opinions when wearing tinted glasses ... :) :)

User avatar
Z13
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Z13 » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 1:49 pm

ecureilx: Why shouldn't I form an opinion?

I asked if he was an expat- he refuses to answer (for whatever reason), so it really leaves me with no other choice than to form an opinion..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 2:09 pm

Frankly, Z13, had you bothered to click on JR8's profile (or anybody else's for that matter) and had a read of his various posts, you wouldn't have had to ask if he was or wasn't an expat. This way, well, shall we say, makes you just look like you

Image

User avatar
Z13
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Z13 » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 2:26 pm

"Frankly", the fact the information's readily available (as you say, by sifting through his old posts) and he still doesnt want to answer makes it all the more laughable.

And "frankly" (you like that word- so thought I'd drop it in twice) the fact you need to resort to posting clichéd images instead of articulating some sort of half decent insult with words is even funnier.

Well done, you're a real winner on the forums. How on earth did you ever manage to communicate before google image search????

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 2:29 pm

Z13 wrote:"Well done, you're a real winner on the forums. How on earth did you ever manage to communicate before google image search????


Not to offend you ... or standing up to SMS, but .. would it be a rude thing to ask how old you are ?? :D : D

SMS is ANCIENT, if not antique ..









Coat, Hat, Umbrella, taxiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon, 11 Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, Singapore

Postby snowqueen » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 2:58 pm

Did anyone pick up on the fact that the OP is a 'working mother' therefore is not a lazy expat who can't be bothered to look after her kids for a month?

Sometimes, the responses that some people give on this forum are very unhelpful which defeats the object of this being a helpful and resourceful place for newcomers to Singapore. It makes the other expats (or sometimes locals) look like a bunch of arrogant arseholes. Luckily not everyone on here is like that.

User avatar
Z13
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Z13 » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 3:10 pm

snowqueen wrote:Did anyone pick up on the fact that the OP is a 'working mother' therefore is not a lazy expat who can't be bothered to look after her kids for a month?

Sometimes, the responses that some people give on this forum are very unhelpful which defeats the object of this being a helpful and resourceful place for newcomers to Singapore. It makes the other expats (or sometimes locals) look like a bunch of arrogant arseholes. Luckily not everyone on here is like that.


Exactly.

JR8's response was obnoxious to say the least. To then go on to say "I" shouldn't judge people, makes me thinks he's posting from a mental care facility.

ecureilx: I'll tell you how old I am, if you tell me your address, personal email and wife's maiden name. Deal??

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 3:28 pm

Z13 wrote:ecureilx: I'll tell you how old I am, if you tell me your address, personal email and wife's maiden name. Deal??


Ah. wonderful ..

That just proved your maturity .. :D :D













is there a self-help course to teach myself how to resort to bullying/name calling/personal threats/and the like when caught in a self-dug-trap hole ??? /

User avatar
Z13
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Z13 » Tue, 15 Nov 2011 3:33 pm

Says the guy picking a fight on an internet forum...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests