Singapore Expats

"E0000236 : No record found"

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
vizith

"E0000236 : No record found"

Post by vizith » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:22 pm

Hi All,

It feels great to see this forum, Hope it really helps me to find an idea , I am working in singapore since feb'11 on EP.

I recently got another offer from one consulting company, My previous firm already cancelled my ep on 04th Nov and new consultant had applied for it on last monday they shared application number also with me,

But when i search for the information in MOM website from the past 4 days it says "E0000236 : No record found", I tried all the three options,

Option 1 with application date says : "E0000236 : No record found"
Option 2 with travel doc number shows my old ep type and status cancelled
Option 3 with application number says :"E0000236 : No record found"

Please help me or can you update me what might be the reasons and how should i proceed pls ...

Regrds
Vizith

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 2:43 pm

Er, have you thought of telling the new consultant of your findings and concern?

After all they shared the application number with you, and therefore are expecting that you will be trying to view/track it's progress.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 2:49 pm

That's too obvious JR8. After all, OP probably only has a masters. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vizith

Post by vizith » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Friends,

They are not sharing any updates, All they are saying they applied for it and it is showing pending status,

You have any idea why system is showing that error ? Please help me,

Once again thnks for reply ,

Best regards,
Vizith

vizith

Post by vizith » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 3:01 pm

JR8, SMS ,

I should complement both of you for your great work, Its a great help for all guys like me,

Regards,
Vizith

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 3:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's too obvious JR8. After all, OP probably only has a masters. :-|
I'm starting to think there is a sub-genre of questions.

Whereby:

- the obvious route to the answer is ignored
- often because, the OP is afraid of the wrong answer (i.e. not the one they want)
- or, wants to find some kind of back-channel to determine the answer without it being known they have looked
- They know the answer but want moral support to believe it might be otherwise.

vizith

Post by vizith » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 3:12 pm

Hi Jr8, It's not that I am not trying to find the main channel , I spokewith HR and also with MOM they are not sharing any updates , they are asking me to wait but how long ? And why it is showing no record found error ?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 3:24 pm

vizith wrote:Hi Jr8, It's not that I am not trying to find the main channel , I spokewith HR and also with MOM they are not sharing any updates , they are asking me to wait but how long ? And why it is showing no record found error ?

Hi Vizith,
Just to clarify, I was musing in general terms about the forum, and not necessarily you.
I expect that HR/MoM won't give updates because if they did they would be constantly inundated with people wanting to know the status of their applications, and they have better things to do all day, like process the applications.
How long? I don't know how long processing EP applications takes. Perhaps others can opine on this. Though I expect it is subjective.
re: the 'no record found error'. You really are asking people to understand the inner working of MoMs IT systems, and I don't think that will happen.
I suggest having good faith in your new employee that they are doing what they have said, and that you just need to be patient (as frustrating as that may be).

vizith

Post by vizith » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 3:35 pm

Hi JR8, Thanks a lot friend, what you said is correct, once again thanks a Tom , please share any info worth help my situation , I again say you guys r doing best , thnks brother :)

Alimor

Post by Alimor » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 3:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's too obvious JR8. After all, OP probably only has a masters. :-|
:lol:
So far so good...

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 4:25 pm

I had this problem before. It turned out HR was lying to my face about having applied for my son's pass when they did. The proof was on my IPA letter which gave the date of application, a few days after I started harassing them several times per day, each time they told me "it's been applied for, these thigs take time"

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 5:12 pm

poodlek wrote:I had this problem before. It turned out HR was lying to my face about having applied for my son's pass when they did. The proof was on my IPA letter which gave the date of application, a few days after I started harassing them several times per day, each time they told me "it's been applied for, these thigs take time"
I had a similar experience. I was told by the employment agency that they had applied for my pass however when I checked the MoM site I was unable to find any record of the same. On enquiring with the agency they said "these things take time". When my pass was approved, I checked the date of application. Turns out MoM had approved the pass the very next day it was applied for. So, it was an agency issue all the while!
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:51 pm

poodlek wrote:I had this problem before. It turned out HR was lying to my face about having applied for my son's pass when they did. The proof was on my IPA letter which gave the date of application, a few days after I started harassing them several times per day, each time they told me "it's been applied for, these thigs take time"
Ouch :D :D

KIV'd in the corner .. haha

intellectualsmuse: in my previous place of employ, when the HR girl was on vacation, for a confirmed appointment, I took the trouble of submitting the EP application. When the HR girl came back, instead of thanking me, as she does for other assistance, she said that we must KIV for a week before submitting, else the big boss expects same 'speedy service'

Sadly, once you have 'established turnaround times' the important thing is not to lower the turnaround time, but to maintain it. . That's efficiency, in some of the places, where I worked or saw as a customer site vendor / support person ..