Singapore Expats Forum

some questions regarding DP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kaizoku-ou

some questions regarding DP

Postby kaizoku-ou » Fri, 11 Nov 2011 9:43 am

Hi there,

I am going to work in Singapore but my wife will stay in Japan at the moment and will join me later on.

Just wondering about the Dependent Pass, shall I apply for her now while I'm applying my EP, or apply later when she decides to come over?

If we apply the DP now, is there any time frame she must be in Singapore otherwise the DP will be forfeited and have to be applied again? (like 1 month after get the DP she must be in sg...)

Hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks in advance!

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:34 am

Hi there,

You either can apply at same time with your EP application (results of both will come same time as well) or apply DP later. But do note 2 things:
1) from the date indicated on IPA letter of DP (In Principle Approval), the approval letter is valid for 2 months only, you need to complete the DP formalities and collect it within 2 months, else it will be forfeited.
2) if you apply DP after your EP, the valid time of DP will be the remaining time of your EP (let say your EP is valid 1 year, and you apply DP 3 months later your EP, then the DP valid time is only 9 months) - it means DP has the same expiry date as EP.

Hope it helps.
To Be or Not To Be

kaizoku-ou

Postby kaizoku-ou » Fri, 11 Nov 2011 4:43 pm

vnpan wrote:Hi there,

You either can apply at same time with your EP application (results of both will come same time as well) or apply DP later. But do note 2 things:
1) from the date indicated on IPA letter of DP (In Principle Approval), the approval letter is valid for 2 months only, you need to complete the DP formalities and collect it within 2 months, else it will be forfeited.
2) if you apply DP after your EP, the valid time of DP will be the remaining time of your EP (let say your EP is valid 1 year, and you apply DP 3 months later your EP, then the DP valid time is only 9 months) - it means DP has the same expiry date as EP.

Hope it helps.

Thank You vnpan, the answers are very helpful!