Singapore Expats Forum

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 2:18 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Mon, 22 May 2006 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary

Postby Mary » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 2:33 pm

Halleluja Brother! lets all sing now, come one put yr hands together 8) :)

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Aint we all sons and daughters of our allmighty Lord?

groetjes,

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 6:18 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Mon, 22 May 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 27 Nov 2004 9:32 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:It is the Lord who compells you! Thy shall be virgin forever!
:lol: :lol:

Grammar Nazi attack! :twisted:

Thou = you (archaic)
Thy = yours (archaic)

Forsooth, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Goh, thou shalt have thine Mouth cleansed with Lye if thou dost not repent thine great Crimes against the Speak Good Medieval English Campaign. Amen.

Mary

Postby Mary » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 6:26 pm

Dang Eric!!! A sooth, nay a naysayer sayeth to me just 2 nights ago that i was forsaken to be unmarried for the rest of my life! And now u lay this curse on me? Who will come forth now and be my beloved and swear undying allegiance!!

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Dear sister mary,

It is the Lord who compells you! Thy shall be virgin forever!
:lol: :lol:

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:20 am

Mary wrote:Dang Eric!!! A sooth, nay a naysayer sayeth to me just 2 nights ago that i was forsaken to be unmarried for the rest of my life! And now u lay this curse on me? Who will come forth now and be my beloved and swear undying allegiance!!

Better, but not there yet. Try this:

"Dang thee, Erick! A sooth, nay a naysayer didst say unto me ... And now thou layeth this curse unto me? Who shall come forth ..."

Mary

Postby Mary » Tue, 30 Nov 2004 2:42 pm

jpatokal wrote:
Mary wrote:Dang Eric!!! A sooth, nay a naysayer sayeth to me just 2 nights ago that i was forsaken to be unmarried for the rest of my life! And now u lay this curse on me? Who will come forth now and be my beloved and swear undying allegiance!!

Better, but not there yet. Try this:

"Dang thee, Erick! A sooth, nay a naysayer didst say unto me ... And now thou layeth this curse unto me? Who shall come forth ..."

....Thus spake jpatokal!!

er, jp, i wasnt trying to compete with u.. nobody could beat YOUR humour of course, you are King and always shall be! Long Live jpatokal!!

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 03 Dec 2004 1:49 am

Mary wrote:....Thus spake jpatokal!!

Hear ye, hear ye.

er, jp, i wasnt trying to compete with u.. nobody could beat YOUR humour of course, you are King and always shall be! Long Live jpatokal!!

With a pair of needle-nose pliers and a blowtorch ahm gonna git medieval on yo' ass :twisted:

(And free brownie points to the person who identifies the gratuitous Tarantino quote above.)

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”