Singapore Expats Forum

Application for LTSVP on the basis of EPEC

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Jimmy Hawk

Application for LTSVP on the basis of EPEC

Postby Jimmy Hawk » Mon, 07 Nov 2011 7:53 pm

Dear all

I have read so many posts over the last couple of days, and believe me after reading every second post, i am totally confused now
My question is very simple.

Whether i need to be in Singapore to apply for LTSVP on the basis of my EPEC?

OR

Can i apply for the LTSVP from my home country, and than come to Singapore for the collection of my LTSVP after completing medical and other formalities, in case my application is approved?

Plz Plz Plz Plz kindly give me the answer of this query.i will be really grateful to you.I am totally messed up with all the previous posts,
Jimmy Hawk

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 07 Nov 2011 8:11 pm

You've already gone through this question before. Maybe no one has an answer for you. Call ICA and ask.

(p.s. You're Indian aren't you?)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Nov 2011 8:37 pm

Don't know about being Indian, but definitely a good candidate for being a Masters holder. :-|

Arvind_royalestag

Postby Arvind_royalestag » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Jimmy,

Well you can obtain the EPEC while you are in your home country and it works... I have done it as I am currently seeking employment in Singapore. As other's said.. you need to have good degree from well reputable university / institution to qualify for EPEC. Go through this link and see if that helps you - (http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=172&secid=171). If any further question, drop me an email and I will answer your queries.

Regards

Arvind

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 4:06 pm

Arvind_royalestag wrote:Hi Jimmy,

Well you can obtain the EPEC while you are in your home country and it works... I have done it as I am currently seeking employment in Singapore. As other's said.. you need to have good degree from well reputable university / institution to qualify for EPEC. Go through this link and see if that helps you - (http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=172&secid=171). If any further question, drop me an email and I will answer your queries.

Regards

Arvind

Just a silly question .. when somebody applies for something important like EPEC / LTVP, wouldn't one read through everything before applying ? I am lost .. pardon my intelligence ..

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 4:10 pm

ecureilx wrote:Just a silly question .. when somebody applies for something important like EPEC / LTVP, wouldn't one read through everything before applying ?

People apparently don't. :-|

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 4:13 pm

nakatago wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Just a silly question .. when somebody applies for something important like EPEC / LTVP, wouldn't one read through everything before applying ?

People apparently don't. :-|

And I am confused more .. when Arvind_royalestag quotes the Basic information page for EPEC :( :( Instead of an advanced FAQ of sorts .. :( :(

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 5:45 pm

Has no one read the OP? :)

He has an EPEC.

His question is the 'do I need the D/E card to apply for the LTVP?' one. The LTVP instructions say you can only apply when you are in SG, however anecdotally we have heard from others who have applied prior to their arrival.