Application for LTSVP on the basis of EPEC

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
Jimmy Hawk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 4:33 pm
Location: UK

Application for LTSVP on the basis of EPEC

Post by Jimmy Hawk » Mon, 07 Nov 2011 7:53 pm

Dear all

I have read so many posts over the last couple of days, and believe me after reading every second post, i am totally confused now
My question is very simple.

Whether i need to be in Singapore to apply for LTSVP on the basis of my EPEC?

OR

Can i apply for the LTSVP from my home country, and than come to Singapore for the collection of my LTSVP after completing medical and other formalities, in case my application is approved?


Plz Plz Plz Plz kindly give me the answer of this query.i will be really grateful to you.I am totally messed up with all the previous posts,
Jimmy Hawk

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16522
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Mon, 07 Nov 2011 8:11 pm

You've already gone through this question before. Maybe no one has an answer for you. Call ICA and ask.

(p.s. You're Indian aren't you?)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39646
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Nov 2011 8:37 pm

Don't know about being Indian, but definitely a good candidate for being a Masters holder. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
Arvind_royalestag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 1:03 am

Post by Arvind_royalestag » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Jimmy,

Well you can obtain the EPEC while you are in your home country and it works... I have done it as I am currently seeking employment in Singapore. As other's said.. you need to have good degree from well reputable university / institution to qualify for EPEC. Go through this link and see if that helps you - (http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=172&secid=171). If any further question, drop me an email and I will answer your queries.

Regards

Arvind

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 4:06 pm

Arvind_royalestag wrote:Hi Jimmy,

Well you can obtain the EPEC while you are in your home country and it works... I have done it as I am currently seeking employment in Singapore. As other's said.. you need to have good degree from well reputable university / institution to qualify for EPEC. Go through this link and see if that helps you - (http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=172&secid=171). If any further question, drop me an email and I will answer your queries.

Regards

Arvind
Just a silly question .. when somebody applies for something important like EPEC / LTVP, wouldn't one read through everything before applying ? I am lost .. pardon my intelligence ..

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8352
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 4:10 pm

ecureilx wrote:Just a silly question .. when somebody applies for something important like EPEC / LTVP, wouldn't one read through everything before applying ?
People apparently don't. :-|
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 4:13 pm

nakatago wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Just a silly question .. when somebody applies for something important like EPEC / LTVP, wouldn't one read through everything before applying ?
People apparently don't. :-|


And I am confused more .. when Arvind_royalestag quotes the Basic information page for EPEC :( :( Instead of an advanced FAQ of sorts .. :( :(

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16522
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 5:45 pm

Has no one read the OP? :)

He has an EPEC.

His question is the 'do I need the D/E card to apply for the LTVP?' one. The LTVP instructions say you can only apply when you are in SG, however anecdotally we have heard from others who have applied prior to their arrival.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests