Singapore Expats Forum

Citizenship chance: not living in singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
enslaved

Citizenship chance: not living in singapore

Postby enslaved » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:48 pm

Hello,

I my situation is strange. I am a PR, but not living in Singapore. I am a divorcee with a singaporean kid (joint custody with my singaporean ex wife). Am contributing to CPF 35% of my 4K S$ salary. Next year april, i would have completed 2 years since i got PR. Can I get citizenship if apply next year in April ? Am planning to remarry a singaporean, but not before Sept next year.

Thanks in advance

enslaved

Postby enslaved » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:59 pm

Some more information: I got PR in PTS stream (professional). Am Indian. contributing S$ 300 pm for the child's maintenance.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 12:02 am

The gahmen don't care whether or not you are paying CPF as it's your own money and you'll get it back sooner or later, e.g., you are not contributing anything to the government coffers. What they want to see are three years of "Singapore" Income Tax returns from a Singapore employer. without those, the odds are against you, frankly speaking.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Citizenship chance: not living in singapore

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 3:51 am

enslaved wrote:Hello,

I my situation is strange. I am a PR, but not living in Singapore. I am a divorcee with a singaporean kid (joint custody with my singaporean ex wife). Am contributing to CPF 35% of my 4K S$ salary. Next year april, i would have completed 2 years since i got PR. Can I get citizenship if apply next year in April ? Am planning to remarry a singaporean, but not before Sept next year.

Thanks in advance

You're joking right ?? Really ?? Citizenship application just because you contribute CPF to your own coffer !!
In that case, any Ah Pek , Ah Neh and Abang can apply by ring fencing this 3 years income tax and must be living and residence of SG for 5 year before applying SG citizeship.
You think Gahmen that GONG ? C'mom just think for a second? Whatever you can think of, they can think further and better !!
Ah...., do not worry your child is a Sger if you chose to , just you will not be if you chose to go thru this path and the child cannot sponsor you at all.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

enslaved

Postby enslaved » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 12:00 pm

Oh, :(

In that case I will try to return to singapore to make it more worse for locals.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 1:29 pm

You won't make it worse for the locals, you'll just make it worse for the PR who actually wanted to settle down here.

However, I've hear that those who are from the sub-continent and have left Singapore for a year or more while on their 1st re-entry permit, will not have their REP renewed when it's time as they have already shown that they are just abusing the system. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 2:31 pm

enslaved wrote:Oh, :(

In that case I will try to return to singapore to make it more worse for locals.

Thanks

You need to supply three years of Income Tax and judging by your stay in India, you aint go that. How can it be worse for the local? You are only doing it to yourself and your fellow countrymen trying to apply EP and PR.
So thanks for helping the Gahmen to make a good case on why many of you got kick out from SG. This is the very reason before the election what I was saying on FT from sub continent has no bloody commitment to the country they gotten the PR. You are the classic PR Abuser from SUB Continent
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!