Singapore Expats Forum

PR Approved in 3 Months!!!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
aquariuswinnie

PR Approved in 3 Months!!!

Postby aquariuswinnie » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:20 pm

Just got letter from ICA today notifying us that the husband just got his PR approved. Applied in beg. of August, a total of about 3 months! Going to make appointment for the formalities to be completed.

Profile: Arrived in Singapore Nov 2010, US Citizen, applied through Family Ties (Sponsor: Wife is SG), $2,800/month, PEP, Bachelors Degree in Engineering from Ivy League school, married for about 8 months at time of appplication.

We are sooo excited, did not expect this at all! Guess there is the light at the end of the tunnel, hang in there, it's def a case by case basis for approvals.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: PR Approved in 3 Months!!!

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:57 pm

aquariuswinnie wrote:Just got letter from ICA today notifying us that the husband just got his PR approved. Applied in beg. of August, a total of about 3 months! Going to make appointment for the formalities to be completed.

Profile: Arrived in Singapore Nov 2010, US Citizen, applied through Family Ties (Sponsor: Wife is SG), $2,800/month, PEP, Bachelors Degree in Engineering from Ivy League school, married for about 8 months at time of appplication.

We are sooo excited, did not expect this at all! Guess there is the light at the end of the tunnel, hang in there, it's def a case by case basis for approvals.

Congrats !

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 3:53 am

PR under Family Ties
Flavour of the year
PEP Pass
Excellent credential

Yup, please step right in, You are most welcome !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

medcheckonsat

Postby medcheckonsat » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 8:26 am

Congratulations and welcome to the SG Society :lol:
Smokers never grow old, they die young :D

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 9:07 am

Mad Scientist wrote:PR under Family Ties
Flavour of the year
PEP Pass
Excellent credential

Yup, please step right in, You are most welcome !!

QFT!

ausinsg
Regular
Regular

Postby ausinsg » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 3:56 pm

Congrats!

May I ask roughly what the wife's income is? A local usually needed to be earning at least $2500 pm to sponsor a foreign spouse.

Just interested if the salary was a lot higher than that, hence the 8 months of marriage was not a problem.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 4:48 pm

All that info is in the OP initial post. :-|

ausinsg
Regular
Regular

Postby ausinsg » Sat, 05 Nov 2011 5:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:All that info is in the OP initial post. :-|

I read the OP post as being: Hubby has PEP and is earning $2800 pm, and no indication of the wife's income, and they applied for Family Ties PR for him.

So my interest was if the hubby has an income in Singapore, does it mean there is no need for the wife to be earning a minimum amount eg. $2500 pm, as we have come to expect if it is a wife applying for PR for a hubby with no job in Singapore.

:)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Nov 2011 6:51 pm

I would assume, with an Ivy League degree and only arrived here in November last year and has a PEP. Then there is only 2 ways he could have gotten the PEP. Either he pre-qualified for it based on his US income OR he found a job here on a P1 Visa (and that requires a salary in excess of 8K/mo. The fact that he didn't get it based on the PTS Scheme but the Family Ties Scheme, would indicate to me that he still hasn't found suitable work and that the 2,800/mo would almost have to be the wife's income. As it is over the 2500/mo and actually equal what we understand is the current threshold for Spouse Sponsors, this would sound reasonable. I might be wrong, but a PEP would have meant he'd already been here at least 5 years based on that income as he couldn't have qualified for the PEP under the Guidelines for the P2 or Q pass (2 Years but with a higher income threshold). So with him having just been here for a year, I'm
Of course, even with all that, I guess there is still room for error on my part. :-|

aquariuswinnie

Postby aquariuswinnie » Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:23 am

Just to clarify..I'm the wife that is posting on behalf of my husband who just got the PR approved. He obtained PEP on merits from his US income when we moved here in Nov 2010. Got the job paying at $2800/month in May and we applied for PR in June. The application for PR didn't get finalized until August since there were some paperwork that needed to be furnished. I (wife) was obtaining at approximately $3000/month at time of application, I am a freelancer.

ausinsg
Regular
Regular

Postby ausinsg » Sun, 06 Nov 2011 2:09 am

aquariuswinnie wrote:Just to clarify..I'm the wife that is posting on behalf of my husband who just got the PR approved.

Thanks for the clarification. Congrats again. That is excellent news. :)

svnebh

Postby svnebh » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 3:19 pm

Congratulations. :)