PR application for a PhD from NTU

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Adnan Nasir

PR application for a PhD from NTU

Post by Adnan Nasir » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I have been in Singapore for 4 years and 7 months, 4 years as a PhD student in NTU and 7 months on job as a Research Engineer also in NTU. I am about to finish my PhD. I am married with 2 children, my first baby son was born in Singapore in 2009. My wife an MBA is with me for 3 years and 7 months, she is currently not working (on DP). I have only went back to my country for 10 days in all these years. I am considering to settle here in Singapore, it has been just 7 months that I am on EP Q pass.
I also have a close relative with family living in Singapore on EP. I would like to know whether this is a good time for me to apply for a PR? Can I apply for PR with only 7 months to show on employment pass ?

I would appreciate your advice on my query.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 1:28 pm

Sure you can. :-|

But I wouldn't bet on you being successful until you have been here two years (working). But, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You might have a PhD in a niche field that they current need.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:44 pm

I would encourage you to apply for PR as a family.

Your plus points are you studied and work in NTU.

Your first child is a male

Your wife holds MBA

You are an ideal intelligent and highly sought after "my kind of FTs"

Lastly you are the flavour of the month which is you are a Muslim. The Gahmen needs to prop up the Malay/Muslim population
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!