Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP for Parents of PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
gunjan_tky

LTVP for Parents of PR

Postby gunjan_tky » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 9:09 pm

Hi

Here are my details,

1) In Singapore for last 3.5 years on PEP (came on P1 visa and shortly took PEP after coming to Singapore)
2) Applied for PR in July 2010 and recently got approval (last week)
3) While I was on PEP I applied for LTSVP for my mother and she is in Singapore currently on LTSVP which is valid for another year.

Now my question is that when I go for PR card, I have to give back my PEP and associated LTSVP,

1) what is the process to reapply LTSVP ?
2) Can existing LTSVP be transferred or linked to my PR or it will be a fresh application

Thanks
Gunjan

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:55 pm

And this, my friends, is what has caused the backlash against those from the sub-continent. This is why it now take sooooo long to see results in PR applications. The are checking the families that the prospective PR would be trying to import once they gain PR. It is precisely what they are trying to head off by restricting the number of PR's being given to them in the past year.

Every LTVP is based as a new application. You may get a year or you may get a month. Depending on how ticked off they are at any given moment.