Singapore Expats Forum

Scoot - SIA new budget airlines :)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mkisses
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Postby mkisses » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:30 am

letsflysoon wrote:People, start of a new day!

those who did profile test standby your phone, got the call quite late yesterday at ard 8pm.


ps: @ mkisses, i try to pm you but the message keep staying in the outbox, not the sentbox. i coming from amk.


I received the pm! Replied u alr!

Renaslw
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Renaslw » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:09 pm

hey, congrats! (:

letsflysoon wrote:People, start of a new day!

those who did profile test standby your phone, got the call quite late yesterday at ard 8pm.


ps: @ mkisses, i try to pm you but the message keep staying in the outbox, not the sentbox. i coming from amk.

Renaslw
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Renaslw » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:10 pm

still waiting ):

mkisses wrote:
Renaslw wrote:Guess they are gettin' back to those who have missed their calls previously before calling the rest. Anyway, congrats! (:

mkisses wrote:I got my call yesterday night. So did letsflysoon. Both of us missed their calls on sat. Guess they're still reviewing and calling up since a lot of people still haven gotten their calls.


Thanks! Have you gotten your call or are you waiting?

mkisses
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Postby mkisses » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:28 pm

Renaslw wrote:still waiting ):

mkisses wrote:
Renaslw wrote:Guess they are gettin' back to those who have missed their calls previously before calling the rest. Anyway, congrats! (:

mkisses wrote:I got my call yesterday night. So did letsflysoon. Both of us missed their calls on sat. Guess they're still reviewing and calling up since a lot of people still haven gotten their calls.


Thanks! Have you gotten your call or are you waiting?


Goodluck to you!

letsflysoon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Postby letsflysoon » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:44 pm

Renaslw wrote:hey, congrats! (:

letsflysoon wrote:People, start of a new day!

those who did profile test standby your phone, got the call quite late yesterday at ard 8pm.


ps: @ mkisses, i try to pm you but the message keep staying in the outbox, not the sentbox. i coming from amk.


thxs! have faith ya!

Renaslw
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Renaslw » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 1:13 pm

Hey, thanks! (:

mkisses wrote:
Renaslw wrote:still waiting ):

mkisses wrote:
Renaslw wrote:Guess they are gettin' back to those who have missed their calls previously before calling the rest. Anyway, congrats! (:

mkisses wrote:I got my call yesterday night. So did letsflysoon. Both of us missed their calls on sat. Guess they're still reviewing and calling up since a lot of people still haven gotten their calls.


Thanks! Have you gotten your call or are you waiting?


Goodluck to you!

Renaslw
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Renaslw » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 1:14 pm

yea. but i hate the waiting period. ugh.

letsflysoon wrote:
Renaslw wrote:hey, congrats! (:

letsflysoon wrote:People, start of a new day!

those who did profile test standby your phone, got the call quite late yesterday at ard 8pm.


ps: @ mkisses, i try to pm you but the message keep staying in the outbox, not the sentbox. i coming from amk.


thxs! have faith ya!

hilove
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat, 31 May 2008

Postby hilove » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:08 pm

Hey guys anyone who hv went for yr contract briefing are frm jetstar or tiger airways? I heard Scoot package is not considered attractive. Understand that it's budget airline so shd not expect that much. But I think it must at least be on par w the other budget carriers rite? Anyone frm the other budget airlines or who hv friends w them and who knws what Scoot offers maybe can give some advise?

mkisses
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Postby mkisses » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:14 pm

hilove wrote:Hey guys anyone who hv went for yr contract briefing are frm jetstar or tiger airways? I heard Scoot package is not considered attractive. Understand that it's budget airline so shd not expect that much. But I think it must at least be on par w the other budget carriers rite? Anyone frm the other budget airlines or who hv friends w them and who knws what Scoot offers maybe can give some advise?


I will be going tomorrow morning. But are you sure it's worse than tiger? Cause from what I heard, Tiger doesn't provide transport, even after midnight, and they don't provide food on flight. Also, they do not have layovers, which means its all turnover flights.

On the other hand, during my first meeting with scoot, they said that there will be layovers (thus, allowance will be given = definitely higher pay then tiger), and food will be provided during flights.

My friend who got in through the previous batch signed on the spot and so did some of the forumers here. I'm sure if it's bad, they wouldn't have signed on the spot?

utmostpersonal
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 29 Sep 2008
Location: AMK / YCK

Postby utmostpersonal » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:45 pm

agree with mkisses.

those who've signed the agreement, care to share how come you are willing to fly with Scoot? is it truly passion for CS/flying? or better paid than your current job?

mkisses
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Postby mkisses » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:54 pm

utmostpersonal wrote:agree with mkisses.

those who've signed the agreement, care to share how come you are willing to fly with Scoot? is it truly passion for CS/flying? or better paid than your current job?


For me, it's both.

I think their pay is high enough for a diploma holder. Since I just graduated, I can't possibly be earning anything above $2k yet, unless I go into sales line, which I don't like. To me, cabin crew is probably the one of the higher pay jobs for a fresh diploma holder. Scoot might not have very high pay as compared to SQ, but it's a new airline and thus, no politics YET. And I can be a senior instead of a junior, being a pioneer batch.

Compared to some of you who already might be working and earning >2.5k pay, you will definitely think the pay is not that good. But for me, a fresh dip grad, it's more than what I can ask for in any other jobs.

Also, travelling is definitely one of the best perks. I have never worked as a FA, so I can't just say it's because I have strong passion. But it's the job that I'm most interested in as for now.

TheLastSummer
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 15 Feb 2012

Postby TheLastSummer » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 4:40 pm

I can't say that the pay is Attractive, as my current job pays higher. I took it up anyway as currently I'm still considerably young (I hope!), no committments, yet and this is a job not everyone can get in.

I want to try for it, for a year at least and see how far I can go and take it as this is what I currently want to do. Worse case scenario, after a year, I can always fall back to ground jobs (like now) and still earn the same as per before. It's only a year difference, so the pay factor shouldn't fluctuate so much.

I've been in sales before, I can always go back to doing that after this year. So, why not try something right now, since I have the chance? ;D

Good luck to all!

Renaslw
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Renaslw » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 5:02 pm

I like the way you phrase it. I'm still wondering to take up if I've got the call because just like you, my current job is paying higher and talking about career prospect, my current job definitely takes me higher than where Scoot could possibly bring me to. But well, cabin crew has always been a position I've always wanted to try and I love to travel! So, I totally agree with you that it's worth giving it a try while you're still young! (;

PS: I'm still waiting for their call thou ):

TheLastSummer wrote:I can't say that the pay is Attractive, as my current job pays higher. I took it up anyway as currently I'm still considerably young (I hope!), no committments, yet and this is a job not everyone can get in.

I want to try for it, for a year at least and see how far I can go and take it as this is what I currently want to do. Worse case scenario, after a year, I can always fall back to ground jobs (like now) and still earn the same as per before. It's only a year difference, so the pay factor shouldn't fluctuate so much.

I've been in sales before, I can always go back to doing that after this year. So, why not try something right now, since I have the chance? ;D

Good luck to all!

mkisses
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Postby mkisses » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 5:25 pm

TheLastSummer wrote:I can't say that the pay is Attractive, as my current job pays higher. I took it up anyway as currently I'm still considerably young (I hope!), no committments, yet and this is a job not everyone can get in.

I want to try for it, for a year at least and see how far I can go and take it as this is what I currently want to do. Worse case scenario, after a year, I can always fall back to ground jobs (like now) and still earn the same as per before. It's only a year difference, so the pay factor shouldn't fluctuate so much.

I've been in sales before, I can always go back to doing that after this year. So, why not try something right now, since I have the chance? ;D

Good luck to all!


Can I check with you what's your attire to the contract briefing? Going tomorrow!

TheLastSummer
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 15 Feb 2012

Postby TheLastSummer » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 6:33 pm

Casual. I wore t-shirt and jeans. Lol.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests