Singapore Expats

Scoot - SIA new budget airlines :)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
colouredcookies

Post by colouredcookies » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 3:39 pm

Safia_hays wrote: But dear, i've never received email from them before. Basically I applied through flyscoot.com and they tried to call me about 3 days later. But being the idiot that I am, I missed their calls and no email or any call received from them since. So if anyone could forward me the direct email, I'll be most grateful 😃
Hmm, so have you gone for the assessment center conducted by Scoot?

Safia_hays

Post by Safia_hays » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 5:03 pm

Hmm, so have you gone for the assessment center conducted by Scoot?[/quote]

Not yet babe. Like I said, I misse their calls and I don't think they'll be calling me back. Ever. So sad :( someone said we can email them. So I'm trying to find out how to reach themVia email. Do u know? :)
How about u babe? When did u apply?
When something strange happens, they call it fate

lesliepolly

Post by lesliepolly » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 5:15 pm

They will call you again soon. Dont worry. Cos the next recruitment is coming up in a few weeks. Chin up!

You missed the previous recruitment, when they call you, they wanted to invite you for the assessment. But if you missed their calls, they won't call you again for it. But the next recruitment they will go through you application once again to reconsider.

We all went for the assessment and what that someone mentioned that she emailed back, was going through contract briefing and missed a call. :D

Safia_hays

Post by Safia_hays » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 6:07 pm

lesliepolly wrote:They will call you again soon. Dont worry. Cos the next recruitment is coming up in a few weeks. Chin up!

You missed the previous recruitment, when they call you, they wanted to invite you for the assessment. But if you missed their calls, they won't call you again for it. But the next recruitment they will go through you application once again to reconsider.

We all went for the assessment and what that someone mentioned that she emailed back, was going through contract briefing and missed a call. :D
Thanks lesliepolly.
Hopefully all is not lost.

So we are not required to submit the application again huh. If that's the case, we'll just wait for the next intake and hopefully they'll call. That leaves me more time to shed the extra kilos :)
When something strange happens, they call it fate

fawnmich
Regular
Regular

Post by fawnmich » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:04 pm

For al those who went contract briefing today, did they told you when is the training date & venue?

Anyone staying at Punggol/Sengkang & training date is on 16 April??

colouredcookies

Post by colouredcookies » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:14 pm

fawnmich wrote:For al those who went contract briefing today, did they told you when is the training date & venue?

yup was given a few to choose from but still need to wait for further notice. 16 apr is your training date?

yup! tp & stc :D

lesliepolly

Post by lesliepolly » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:14 pm

He did let us choose the training dates base on priority, but not deciding which dates we are allocated for training. He will help us sort it out and let us know again by call. :)

Anyways for training venue, Pm u ok fawnmich :)

fawnmich
Regular
Regular

Post by fawnmich » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:01 pm

So i guess they have yet to confirm the venue cos I was told tis 2 venues too but they said will b either 1.

16 April is 1 of the date given but they have yet to confirm too...

colouredcookies wrote:
fawnmich wrote:For al those who went contract briefing today, did they told you when is the training date & venue?

yup was given a few to choose from but still need to wait for further notice. 16 apr is your training date?

yup! tp & stc :D

e.iman

Post by e.iman » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:12 pm

Can someone please explain to me the pay break down again? The more i think about it, the more confused i get.

lmhz

Post by lmhz » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:42 pm

hello... is anyone going to the contract briefing on wednesday?

mkisses
Regular
Regular

Post by mkisses » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:56 pm

fawnmich, they told us both places will be used. Sometimes here, sometimes there, depending on availability. I assume they will use the training facilities at venue 1, and lecture halls or classrooms at venue 2.

april_month

Post by april_month » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 1:34 am

hello ladies, ive been following this thread for quite some time. My training date is on 16 April, though initially I was given 2nd April but i had to change due to some personal reasons. Was wondering who else will be my training mates?

regarding the training schedule, its office hrs from mon to fri. she said it will be around 8.30am to 5pm. But it may end earlier like 3pm. Your training date is only confirmed when you bring your guarantor along to sign the form.

fawnmich
Regular
Regular

Post by fawnmich » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 2:45 am

Oh we are training mates cos mine oso 2nd April & I changed to 16 April due to work issues.

Huh wat guarantor? After Sign contract Stil muz bring guarantor?
april_month wrote:hello ladies, ive been following this thread for quite some time. My training date is on 16 April, though initially I was given 2nd April but i had to change due to some personal reasons. Was wondering who else will be my training mates?

regarding the training schedule, its office hrs from mon to fri. she said it will be around 8.30am to 5pm. But it may end earlier like 3pm. Your training date is only confirmed when you bring your guarantor along to sign the form.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 3:23 am

Scoot must enjoy following this topic. I expect they know who most of you are.

guestno1

Post by guestno1 » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 8:56 am

I found these info online. Check them out.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday on the other side of the world, the newest little low-cost airline made a huge step toward actually taking to the skies. Singapore Airlines' budget off-shoot, Scoot, announced how they will be providing low fares to the region. The LCC has come up with creative ways of appealing to many customers while maintaining affordable fares for both short and long haul with several classes of travel.

Since "Scoot-itude" is the focus of their campaigning thus far, we can only expect the naming of other things in their service to be just as wacky. Here is a simple explanation of each of the travel classes:

ScootBiz:
· Obviously a business class offering. Comfy leather seating, 38 inches to spread your legs and up to 2 meals are offered in this premium cabin. Business class passengers can select their seats, haul more luggage in the belly and drink as much as they want.

FlyBagEat:
· This fare gets passengers a seat in the economy cabin, one meal to (semi)fill your belly and 15kg of checked baggage. For those familiar with Virgin America's Main Cabin Select, it's basically the same thing, Scoot-style.

FlyBag:
· Seeing a trend of unbundled bundles? A bit more stripped down, this fare doesn't offer any meal service, but does allow for same baggage like the above option.

Fly:
· Bare bones travel here we come! You get a seat to your destination. That's all. Good thing...the seat can be assigned, or you can pick it yourself for another charge. All 'Fly' options are seated in economy of the Boeing 777s the airline has chosen to fly.

Passengers may add features on an a la carte basis, like selecting where you sit, having extra baggage allowance, meals, amenity kits, and priority airport and transfer capabilities. Business class gets it all included.

Scoot is being very strategic with the release of information. This is the absolute latest news on Scoot, but you can see a more functioning website here. Alas, no purchasing of tickets yet—or even pricing! The airline will begin flying for real in June, taking their birds from Singapore to Sydney and the Gold Coast.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From site
http://www.jaunted.com/story/2012/3/8/6 ... 27+Airline