Which cat litter?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Brooklynjenn
Regular
Regular

Which cat litter?

Post by Brooklynjenn » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 8:12 am

We got our cats out of quarantine a month ago and we've tried a couple of brands of local cat litter, and I have to say they just suck. Maybe there is something others are using that might compare to the fine sand clumping litters in the US, like scoop away or tidy cat (scoopable, not the clay ones I have seen here). The smell is so horrid, and I am cleaning the box two or three times a day. I didn't have to clean it but every two or three days back home. At this point I would even pay extra for air shipped scoop away just to have a nice smell in my apartment again. Any ideas or suggestions? I have tried cat sand and trustee, which the guy at the pet store insisted was a really good one. It is not containing the smell. I have a covered cat box with a filter. I put fresh litter in every day after I scoop. The litter just seems to turn to mud.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 8:57 am

I've been here more than 1.5 years and I've yet to find a solution to this. Catsan and trustie seem to have been the best of that type. I've also used a yellowish flaky type of sand that was a disaster, the cats tracked it everywhere in the house. I'm having some paper pellets delivered today, I'll let you know if they're any different.

QRM
Manager
Manager

how to potty train your cat.

Post by QRM » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 9:48 am

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:20 am

A burlap bag & a clump weight work well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Re: how to potty train your cat.

Post by poodlek » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 7:59 pm

I've been seriously considering this, actually. It might be time. I think I'll have to potty train my son first though.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:44 pm

A couple days in and I can't even distinguish a smell standing next to the box and breathing deeply. The carbon/paper pellets seem to be standing up to my two large (6 & 9kg) kitties! http://www.breedercelect.com/ I bought it at Pet Lovers Centre. It does track out of the box a bit, but not as bad as some other litters. I'll have to teach them to wipe their feet :-D