Singapore Expats

PR application - supporting documents

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
wwww
Regular
Regular

PR application - supporting documents

Post by wwww » Sat, 29 Oct 2011 6:06 pm

I am just preparing my PR application and I got some questions about the supporting documents that have to be produced:

- Birth certificate - is this really required? Isnt the identity card and passport not sufficient as it shows my birth date as well as nationality? I am asking this because it would be a hassle to obtain this document and translate it

- "testimonial from previous employer stating the nature and duration of employment as well as last drawn salary" - do they expect a letter or does my former employer also need to complete the same form as my current employer has to complete?

- I have been in Singapore for about 2 1/2 years and therefore do not have 3 notices of tax assesment yet. I have heard that it is no problem to submit less if one is unable to submit all 3 - correct?

- I have read that one should submit the application with a cover letter and also add supporting documents that I own property in Singapore even though these documents are not officially required (supposed to increase the chances) - is this true?

Thank you for sharing your experiences. :)

The list of supporting documents is here: http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... ormEP4.pdf [/url]

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Re: PR application - supporting documents

Post by Asdracles » Sat, 29 Oct 2011 7:04 pm

wwww wrote:I am just preparing my PR application and I got some questions about the supporting documents that have to be produced:

- Birth certificate - is this really required? Isnt the identity card and passport not sufficient as it shows my birth date as well as nationality? I am asking this because it would be a hassle to obtain this document and translate it

When I applied I was told by the official to write a short document stating that I can't send that document as the original is in Spain

- "testimonial from previous employer stating the nature and duration of employment as well as last drawn salary" - do they expect a letter or does my former employer also need to complete the same form as my current employer has to complete?

Just a letter will do

- I have been in Singapore for about 2 1/2 years and therefore do not have 3 notices of tax assesment yet. I have heard that it is no problem to submit less if one is unable to submit all 3 - correct?

Nobody can give percentages. Of course sending 2 gives you less chances than sending 3. But if you are not in a rush maybe you can wait a few months and wait for the third one.

- I have read that one should submit the application with a cover letter and also add supporting documents that I own property in Singapore even though these documents are not officially required (supposed to increase the chances) - is this true?

Can't help about this. I have heard both versions. "Send as much as you cand" and "Don't send anything that is not explicitly requested"

Thank you for sharing your experiences. :)

The list of supporting documents is here: http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... ormEP4.pdf [/url]

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 4:14 pm

question about:
"testimonial from previous employer stating the nature and duration of employment as well as last drawn salary"

Does this apply only to employers while residing in Singapore, or do they also this if previous employer was outside of Singapore and I resided outside Singapore?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 4:52 pm

zzm9980 wrote:question about:
"testimonial from previous employer stating the nature and duration of employment as well as last drawn salary"

Does this apply only to employers while residing in Singapore, or do they also this if previous employer was outside of Singapore and I resided outside Singapore?
All employers. Your entire duration of the working career.

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 4:55 pm

The document says employeR, do they really expect us to get a statement from all our previous emploeRS?

Just to clarify.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 5:05 pm

wwww wrote:The document says employeR, do they really expect us to get a statement from all our previous emploeRS?

Just to clarify.

Just an experience letter from all your previous employers stating about your employment would be enough.

Or else what is the record that you had worked with them before?

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks again for all your help. My application has just been approved. :lol:

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 07 Jul 2012 11:13 am

wwww wrote:Thanks again for all your help. My application has just been approved. :lol:
Congrats !!!

lolipop99
Regular
Regular

Post by lolipop99 » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 9:32 am

wow, may I know what is your race and nationality and how much do you earn? It seems like you get PR very fast because all my colleagues who applied recently got rejected and they have stayed for 3 to 6 years and earn 3K-4K

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 11:03 am

lolipop99 wrote:wow, may I know what is your race and nationality and how much do you earn? It seems like you get PR very fast because all my colleagues who applied recently got rejected and they have stayed for 3 to 6 years and earn 3K-4K
You can use the View Profile of the OP - View all his posts. This would give an idea for your question.

But note that approval is on a case to case basis.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:59 pm

lolipop99 wrote:wow, may I know what is your race and nationality and how much do you earn? It seems like you get PR very fast because all my colleagues who applied recently got rejected and they have stayed for 3 to 6 years and earn 3K-4K
Maybe he or she was better looking than your colleagues? :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 1:11 pm

OP posted his particulars here about 18 months ago:
wwww wrote: 3. How would you rate my chances for PR:

- Western European (caucasian), early thirties
- roughly 8 years of work experience of which 9 months in Singapore
- I have a local MBA and work for a Singaporean MNC
- Salary in the higher four-figure area
- married to Japanese (we will apply together) who is also working in Singapore
From another post, he also apparently bought a new condo. Not sure if that has any influence, but it could be interpreted as putting down roots, and the gahmen can't be seen as facilitating him "stealing" an HDB from locals.

I'd be interested if anything significant changed in any of those areas (particularly in the areas of salary or male heirs).

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 9:32 am

zzm9980 wrote:OP posted his particulars here about 18 months ago:
wwww wrote: 3. How would you rate my chances for PR:

- Western European (caucasian), early thirties
- roughly 8 years of work experience of which 9 months in Singapore
- I have a local MBA and work for a Singaporean MNC
- Salary in the higher four-figure area
- married to Japanese (we will apply together) who is also working in Singapore
From another post, he also apparently bought a new condo. Not sure if that has any influence, but it could be interpreted as putting down roots, and the gahmen can't be seen as facilitating him "stealing" an HDB from locals.

I'd be interested if anything significant changed in any of those areas (particularly in the areas of salary or male heirs).
Good job stalking me zzm9980 :wink:

I am not sure whether owning property actually had an influence as they havent even asked about it in the application form, although I have written a cover letter where I mentioned it and also added the property tax statement. IMHO what helped most was probably the local MBA and working for a temasek-owned MNC where I get to speak Singlish all day... 8-)

Those stats are still accurate and there are no male heirs on the way...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 9:36 am

Ahhh, there's the rub. A closet PAPist! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 9:37 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Maybe he or she was better looking than your colleagues? :cool:
Interesting theory... :cool: