Singapore Expats

Recommendations for a New Expat

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
xiaoqiqi
Regular
Regular

sports!

Post by xiaoqiqi » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 11:15 pm

if you like sports... water sports... dragonboat?
i am a local... but my japanese friend invited me to paddle with the australian team... i paddled for my first time. i had lotsa fun! there are quite a few foreign teams like spanish, german, and so on teams... most teams are a good mix of people from all over the world! :)
bored!

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:36 am

Or you could just go Orchard Towers! You'll never be the only one in the corner drinking, there will be plenty of company! ;)

Really, making friends is fairly easy in Singapore, join sports clubs and socialize with folk from work etc. you'll be fine!

nutnut
nutnut

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:40 am

There is a saying in Hokkien "KKYLP" but I let it remain as it is
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:50 am

Mad Scientist wrote:There is a saying in Hokkien "KKYLP" but I let it remain as it is
Haha... haven't heard of that saying for a looooooooooooong time! :P :cool: :lol:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:05 pm

victoria81 wrote:Hi Noah;

Honestly avoid Orchard Towers like the plague it is a terrible place and those guys were just being mean.
Actually, you are wrong to paint OT as a plague ridden place, and well, the comments were mostly tongue in cheek ..

As for OT, if you are one of those who know OT by night - then you are perfectly right ..

but .... if you have ever been to OT during day time, weekdays, you will see that a thousand and more people, professionals and the like, and are working in the offices located there and I am not kidding .. and of course, if you have friends who are nocturnal, then I don't blame you for saying so .. :)

As I used to tell my friends, it is like calling Geylang is a red-light area, as a lot of people cruise by there in the night time and such people have no clue that the odd numbered streets have a lot of businesses, including a lot of Clan Associations, storage, and more, and Temples, and oh, don't forget the Beef Kuay Teow ..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:08 pm

:lol: Ya gotta luv the cocksford singlish dictionary. :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 3:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote::lol: Ya gotta luv the cocksford singlish dictionary. :P
Aiyoh Abang !! Why you so clever ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 3:50 pm

you kena speak singlish to noob oredi...
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."