Singapore Expats Forum

Which pass to apply for my baby

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cachia85

Which pass to apply for my baby

Postby cachia85 » Thu, 27 Oct 2011 5:10 pm

Hi,

I cannot find the answer for my question on ICA website so I post here hoping that someone may advise me. Our situation is as below:

- My husband is SPR.
- I'm on student pass, study PhD at NUS. I apply for PR too but was rejected on 12/10. It is only 2,5 months after I submit the application.
- We've just find out that I'm pregnant and our baby will be due in June.
- We plan to have my mother comes in Singapore to help us on the first 2 months of our baby, after that we will send her to infant care.

So, in our case which pass should we apply for our baby, LTVP then student pass or LTVP is enough? I see from ICA website that the student pass is need for foreigners attend kindergarten/childcare and the application must be submitted 2 months before. Is infant care considered as childcare? If need to be submitted 2 months before then our baby doesn't have her passport at that time.

I also wish to know which way is better for us to extend my mother stay in Singapore, can we just use the extend short term visit application or we have to apply LTVS for her. We are from Southeast Asia so she can stay in Singapore for 30 days per entry without applying visa beforehand.

Thank you very much for any advice!

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Fri, 28 Oct 2011 8:59 pm

since your husband is SPR, your baby can apply for PR too

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Which pass to apply for my baby

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:00 pm

cachia85 wrote:Hi,

I cannot find the answer for my question on ICA website so I post here hoping that someone may advise me. Our situation is as below:

- My husband is SPR.
- I'm on student pass, study PhD at NUS. I apply for PR too but was rejected on 12/10. It is only 2,5 months after I submit the application.
- We've just find out that I'm pregnant and our baby will be due in June.
- We plan to have my mother comes in Singapore to help us on the first 2 months of our baby, after that we will send her to infant care.

So, in our case which pass should we apply for our baby, LTVP then student pass or LTVP is enough? I see from ICA website that the student pass is need for foreigners attend kindergarten/childcare and the application must be submitted 2 months before. Is infant care considered as childcare? If need to be submitted 2 months before then our baby doesn't have her passport at that time.

I also wish to know which way is better for us to extend my mother stay in Singapore, can we just use the extend short term visit application or we have to apply LTVS for her. We are from Southeast Asia so she can stay in Singapore for 30 days per entry without applying visa beforehand.

Thank you very much for any advice!

First LTSVP through your Husband and then after 1 year can apply for PR.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which pass to apply for my baby

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:08 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:First LTSVP through your Husband and then after 1 year can apply for PR.

Not a given, as the mother is on student pass ..... :( :(

calmhappy

Postby calmhappy » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 4:03 pm

LTSVP can go to childcare or infant care. But LTSVP for child is only one year. So need to renew every year. Apply student pass after the child got a place in primary school.

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 5:52 pm

calmhappy wrote:LTSVP can go to childcare or infant care. But LTSVP for child is only one year. So need to renew every year. Apply student pass after the child got a place in primary school.

LTSVP will pay as FOREIGNER PRICE in any hospital after 3months old!
not sure about childcare

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 03 Feb 2012 2:12 pm

voxies09 wrote:
calmhappy wrote:LTSVP can go to childcare or infant care. But LTSVP for child is only one year. So need to renew every year. Apply student pass after the child got a place in primary school.

LTSVP will pay as FOREIGNER PRICE in any hospital after 3months old!
not sure about childcare

Incorrect, hospitalisation fee can be paid by the hubby. Same goes to child
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Sat, 04 Feb 2012 12:34 am

Mad Scientist wrote:Incorrect, hospitalisation fee can be paid by the hubby. Same goes to child

I think only admission can use PR subsidised price, but for normal check up / test outpatient will be foreigner charge..

Currently I am paying foreigner price for my Son (3months old) and I am PR.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 04 Feb 2012 5:38 am

voxies09 wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:Incorrect, hospitalisation fee can be paid by the hubby. Same goes to child

I think only admission can use PR subsidised price, but for normal check up / test outpatient will be foreigner charge..

Currently I am paying foreigner price for my Son (3months old) and I am PR.

Agreed but for delivery you can use medisave of Hubby and for child too
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:01 pm

if the baby status is not PR, after 3months, either admission / hospitalization fee or outpatient check up will be charged as private..