Document couriers/Interparcel service alike in Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
Venomrush
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 8:09 am

Document couriers/Interparcel service alike in Singapore

Post by Venomrush » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:42 am

Hi all

I've been using Interparcel in the UK for awhile, for those whom don't know, it's basically a business that deals with the couriers like DHL, Fedex and quote you the best price, you choose the time and date for collection. You don't need an account with the couriers but can use them as Interparcel acts like a proxy.

I'm trying to send off some documents from Singapore to the US. I'm not sure how I can do this. I checked DHL and Fedex in Singapore and to use their services I need to sign up for an account.

Any advise?

Cheers

conversant
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:04 am

Please check these links.

Post by conversant » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:10 pm

http://www.speedpost.com.sg/Worldwidecomparison.html
http://www.singpost.com.sg/contact-us.html

They offer pick-up from your door and you can do without an account with them.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Document couriers/Interparcel service alike in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 7:54 pm

Venomrush wrote:Hi all

I've been using Interparcel in the UK for awhile, for those whom don't know, it's basically a business that deals with the couriers like DHL, Fedex and quote you the best price, you choose the time and date for collection. You don't need an account with the couriers but can use them as Interparcel acts like a proxy.

I'm trying to send off some documents from Singapore to the US. I'm not sure how I can do this. I checked DHL and Fedex in Singapore and to use their services I need to sign up for an account.

Any advise?

Cheers
normally they bill you unless for some reason they don't want to bill you

i know enough courier who pick up on behalf of Dhl Fedex

Pm me if you need some reference

conversant - the op needs pickup which your referred ones don't do.unless you pay first

conversant
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:04 am

Re: Document couriers/Interparcel service alike in Singapore

Post by conversant » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 8:03 pm

ecureilx wrote:conversant - the op needs pickup which your referred ones don't do.unless you pay first
I don't think the OP has a problem paying beforehand. He or she just doesn't want the restriction of having an account, it seems. Maybe SingPost will be suitable!:)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Document couriers/Interparcel service alike in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 9:05 pm

In.Singapore most if not all business pay later and it works fine hence the need to reduce turnaround times

in our office they pick up and bill regardless we have an account or not and bill is sent to us

if we quote the account number the bill comes consolidated which is a pain when clearing accounts

as I said op needs to find a pickup agent who Will alleviate such pain

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39633
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:16 pm

If that's the case, I suggest you suggest to your boss that he should get a new accountant as the one you have is worthless as boobs on a boar hog.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If that's the case, I suggest you suggest to your boss that he should get a new accountant as the one you have is worthless as boobs on a boar hog.
gee .. is the weather too hot ?? :)

I meant if I need to send some documents, which cannot be assigned a cost center and appropriately added to an account at the time of despatch, we ask the courier to bill us, and we will arrange check accordingly .. it's not the accountant's fault :) And Fedex don't insist that it must be billed to our existing account ..

PS: it is not ONE accountant, there are a dozen there .. handling various ops .. including a couple of guys :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39633
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:24 am

Then get rid of the lot.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 25 Oct 2011 6:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Then get rid of the lot.
I am far low in the food chain, to effect that :D :D

And the OPs problem will still persist I guess ..

And .. to the OP:

I know what you are talking of ..

GIS and Usaha, do such service

they will pick up, and deliver to the required courier- DHL/Fedex or otherwise.

And bill you after the delivery

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11504
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Document couriers/Interparcel service alike in Singapore

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Oct 2011 9:24 pm

Venomrush wrote:Any advise?

Cheers
Sign up for an account. Easy. Free. Lets you call for pickups. Lets you get billed. No brainer.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11504
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Document couriers/Interparcel service alike in Singapore

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Oct 2011 9:25 pm

ecureilx wrote:In.Singapore most if not all business pay later and it works fine hence the need to reduce turnaround times

in our office they pick up and bill regardless we have an account or not and bill is sent to us

if we quote the account number the bill comes consolidated which is a pain when clearing accounts

as I said op needs to find a pickup agent who Will alleviate such pain
That's what the 'customer reference' field is for.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests